Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Ricky Seals-Jones 5 star WR

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by tigerchick46, Jun 5, 2012.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I know this has been explained but I understood that the SEC put a strict cap on number of recruits you can sign (See the Nutt rule)
    So Bhelm can you explain how A&M can have 34 signees ?
    What is the limit 23 ? if so what does that mean ? You can only have 23 scholarships per year given so IF A&M had all of them qualify. THey are assuming 11 will not make their grades or grey shirt which would limit them next year.
    I am very confused.
  2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Not all 34 people that have given verbals will be able to sign obviously. TAMU signed only 19 last year, so I am going to assume that they have some schollys to give early enrollees that can count to last year's class. They'll only be able to sign 25 of these for the 2013 class and some are going to grayshirt and/or be academic casualties.
  3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Veteran Member

Can only sign 25 initial counters on NSD. Early enrollees can count back if didn't have a full class the previous year and under the 85 scholarship limit.
  4. valve

valve Freshman

Surprise Seals-Jones verbally commits with Texas A&M, a receiver that wants to play with a team that actually has pass plays in their offense.
  5. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Freshman

Probably has a lot more to do with how he lives just 72 miles from aTm, while LSU is 5 hours away, and in another state. Now if elite pass-catching TE recruit DeSean Smith of Lake Charles switches his commitment to aTm on the other hand....
  6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos I'm self-smart

Hmmm. I wonder how Zach Mettenberger amassed nearly 300yds through the air against bama without throwing a single pass. That's pretty impressive.
    Herb likes this.
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Senior Member

Got a chance to talk with his Dad Friday night during the Karr/Neville game.
  8. mctiger

mctiger Kenny HIlliard, Beast

AND????........
  9. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Freshman

I listened to much of the 5A championship game on the radio, and DeSean was named MVP for Barbe, i know he had at least two TD catches in the first half alone...early on, he had a long catch where he had two Rummel defenders all over him,and still came down with the ball. The announcers were very impressed with his play. Looks like he's going to be a good one...
  10. LSUDad

LSUDad Senior Member

Yep, good size and speed. Will have a chance to come in and play right away. You see more and more teams in the NFL using the TE to create match-up problems. Texans and Saints do this, along with others. I know a college team that has some formations with 3 TE's on the field at the same time.