Ridley Declares for Draft

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerNtz, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

1) Show that on a team stocked with running back talent, he can compete and take the primary back job.
    2) Mett could create a passing game and open up the run so he would not be fighting for every inch. Imagine the chunk of yards he can gain at a time if opposing teams would have to worry about the pass and the run.
    3) He could become one of the very few that have had 2 thousand yard seasons, that would make him the elite of the elite ... hell I can't think of one person that has done it. I take that back, Faulk had 3.
    4) He could break the LSU record for touchdowns in a single season.
    5) Could walk away from his college career with a SEC championship and a National Championship.

The last one seems worth staying alone.

2. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

he has NOT offically declared yet

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

michael ford shunned again. if he transfers, its on you.

but i hear the same thing even though not announced. ridley is exiting stage left.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

He's referring to earlier posts where Ford WAS mentioned. Reading Comprehension: It's what's for Dinner.

5. GreatestStory

GreatestStory LSU Faithful

I guess I'm a little older than you (I have a grandchild) because I remember Charles Alexander, Dalton Hilliard & Faulk posting back to back 1k seasons.

Addai was a first round draft pick and his best year was 911 yards. Justin Vincent rushed for over 1K yards and what did that get him? So apparently yardage totals aren't the only thing pro scouts base draft stock

I think its best for Ridley to enter the draft based on what he has already accomplished as opposed to what "could" happen. Every thing you listed with a "could" also has the possibility to be a "couldn't"

....but while we are dreaming about potential greatness, just hope for him to come back and break the NCAA records for touchdowns, yards & yards per carry. Then he "could" be #1 overall....... right?

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Ridley won't be a 1st round pick. That's really the only reason to go pro early because that's where the big money is. Now and then a promising second-rounder is better off going pro. But 3rd and below . . . best to play another year in college and try to get a round or two higher. The difference is an awful lot of money.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i often dont read yours and other meaningless posters. Glad I caught this one though.

8. Bud Lee

Which is my point...if he goes this year he will at best he will be an upper third round pick. It he repeats this season he may not be a first round, but he would definitely be an upper second. The NFL puts out a list of players and their projected draft spot, Ridley was not even on the list. I love the kid, I just think he should stay and earn some more credit. Now on the other side of the ball, Luck is an idiot for staying.

9. GreatestStory

GreatestStory LSU Faithful

Chad Jones left early..... 3rd round (four-year, $2.616-million deal).

I'm not saying that is big money for an NFL contract, but I would bet there are lots of college kids that would leave for that kind of money.

10. Bud Lee

Of course they would…but that doesn’t mean that it is the smart choice. Chad’s stock as a defensive back would not have gone up much at all with another year. I would of loved to see him stay for one more year of baseball…just to see how he would of grown.

BTW…how much did Taylor Mays sign for? He was the last safety to go in the second round. Should be an interesting comparison.