Ridley Ineligible For Cotton Bowl

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxtigs, Dec 22, 2010.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

It was time for them to step up anyway, but I would prefer to have Ridley in the game, for several reasons. 1st and foremost as I already mentioned, he is the one bright star on this offense. I would also not like his career to go out this way, and our last time seeing him was in a loss to Ark. I would also like for him to have another reason why to reconsider coming back next season, and a good solid bowl win might just do the trick. Especially if he is named the MVP of the game.

2. LEGACY TIGER

That is a possible point, but my only problem is he doesn't seem like the kinda kid who would let his team down, which if this is the case is sad. I would hope not, and he really just is having troubles with his grades, troubles that Miles can work out. Maybe some extra credit work over the next week or so to get the grades up.

3. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Hope you're right and this is the case. I'd hate to see him miss the Cotton Bowl in any case. We need him and it would be a shame to end the season and possibly his career like this. If it can't be straightened out though, guess Michael Ford, Ware, Blue, etc. better strap 'em up and get ready. :LSU231:

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

WEll I am sure in the minority here, but he SHOULDNT have ANY advantage a regular student has to "Make up extra credit"
    Yeh I get it he is our leading rusher, but what message we Miles send to the team and the University if a football player got special treatment so he can play a football game.

Yes Yes I know they do and they always will. But I just have a fundamental issue IF (and I have no idea what really happened) he did not hold up his classroom side of the deal and we find some loophole to slip him through...

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

you know what is almost amusing to me? Ridley is declared ineligible by the school and everyone knows about it immediately. Not only that, LSU is up front about appealing. Ridley is known in the SEC but he isn't nationally known. LSU isn't playing for a national championship, or in line for one either....... anyone see where I am going with this?

One more thing, how important is getting Jeremy Hill to sign with us now?

6. LEGACY TIGER

Yes, as has been CLM's and LSU's track record, we are as transparent as we can be, and we handle our problems immediately.

7. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

From what I hear, Miles is confident it will get cleared up, supposedly it has to do with miscalculating credits as opposed to "flunking" courses. Meantime, Ridley can't practice.

Probably a good idea to merge the two threads. EDIT: Thanks

8. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Ridley doesn't seem like the type to flunk out. He seems like a pretty smart dude. I'm hoping they get this cleared up pretty quickly.

9. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Hmmm...if he DOESN'T play, it might hurt his draft stock.

If he's not projected very high, he'll probably come back.

Call me crazy, but I think this is good news. Ford and Ware can handle the Aggies.

10. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

Not good news.
    With that being said I agree with Attack Tiger. Ford can tear em up and Ware could be used for power. We miss a beat but I still feel comfortable playing the aggies without him. Wish the best for him though.