Ridley Ineligible For Cotton Bowl

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxtigs, Dec 22, 2010.

1. T1gerfive

T1gerfive SANTA

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/12/roger-goodell-nfl-cba-talks-not-where

Roger Goodell: NFL CBA talks 'not where we need to be' - The Huddle: Football News from the NFL - USATODAY.com

With pace of negotiations in NFL, no one may be going anywhere.

2. GreatestStory

GreatestStory LSU Faithful

Ridley was also on the team when he saw Charles Scott came back for his senior year... which I feel really hurt Scott's draft stock.

Ridley was just voted to All SEC first team RB by coaches poll. Is there anything Ridley can accomplish better than this? I don't see him being an All American next year.

(SOURCE: Coaches All-SEC Team Announced > SEC > NEWS )

1 person likes this.
  3. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

From what I've been told this academic issue is not about passing or failing, it's about behavior during a final exam such as Ridley said "compromising postion" that he shouldn't have been in. It is a shame because Ridley is a great representative of LSU, extremely well spoken, intelligent and is loved by his teammates. But we often forget that these are still young people and they are prone to making mistakes and especially athletes, who are targets for these compromising situations. I hope this gets straightened out and Ridley can play in the game and put this behind him.

4. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

yeah, i understand it's something along the lines of alleged cheating/plagiarism

1 person likes this.
  5. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

Yep, that's what I've heard. I just wonder if this is a one game deal or is his career at LSU over? I find the timing of yesterday's Advocate article about the NFL draft awfully suspicious. I'm not an Oliver Stone conspiracy theorist but it's a little too convenient for me. If Ridley is indeed done at LSU then will that have any affect whatsoever on Jeremy Hill? Probably not, but is something to ponder.

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Then there will always be a spot for him on Auburn's roster.

7. Louisiananimal

Louisiananimal Wesley Austin

let's not forget Shepard... he hasn't seen the endzone since Week TWO!

8. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

I like that we are appealing, makes me think that something is amiss with this, but I'll wait and see. Luckily we have a fairly deep stable of young backs and this will be a great opportunity for them. A month of bowl practices can't hurt Michael Ford's development in the least, so he should be ready to contribute big time yardage if needed.

I think we can do without him for one game, but really bummed about this if it affects Ridley's status for next season though .

9. *LSUTiger*

*LSUTiger* LSU/CLEMSON

I surely hope CLM can get this straightened out, and get Ridley back on the field.

10. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Cam Newton was going to get expelled from UF for cheating, got caught with a Stolen Laptop, and his father was fleecing schools for Money to sign their son.

And he wins the Heisman...

Huh.........

Not forgiving Ridley I dont even know the details but ever since Cam was ruled eligible I have a hard time excepting the NCAA's view on eligibility.