Ridley Ineligible For Cotton Bowl

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxtigs, Dec 22, 2010.

1. DoctorDave

DoctorDave Guest

To everyone: Go back and count how many times this season Miles said we are working to get Shepard more touches. Take that number and divide by 10. That will be the # of touches he gets in the Cotton Bowl.
    Why?

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Last year I'd agree. This year the problem hasn't necessarily been the number of touches. He's the third WR, and he's gets the opportunities the typical third WR gets...and then some. Problem is, it's like they had one really good play designed for him before the season started, and after they ran it (successfully) a few times in the first couple of games, everybody figured it out. Ironically, that coincides with the entire history of Gary Crowton play calling. It's figured out quickly after an initial eye popping debut.
    -
    Shep's a WR. He asked to be one. He needs to catch the ball better, and he needs to block better, and he needs to run better routes. You could have said the exact same thing about Dwayne Bowe when he was a sophomore, and Brandon Lafell as well.

3. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

In Shep's defense he did seem to start catching the ball better towards the end of the season. Which makes sense because at the beginning of the season he had absolutely no game experience as a WR so I expect a lot of good things out of him next year when we have a real QB throwing to him.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Ford is going to rush for 150 yards and leave us all scratching our heads as to why he didn't see the field more. Well at least those with any sense.

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

If you are talking about early in the season even Ford would agree wit you that he wasn't hitting the right holes. He heard a lot about it in practice. However, I always said it was only a matter of time before it clicked and when it did ne looked really good. I expect nothing less in the Cotton.

6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Well I guess I took an azz whuppin on my earlier post.

My point is/was: "Anything, and I mean anything, to put him in jeopardy with regard to academics is yet another CHARACTER ISSUE." (Another in the murky world of NCAA Football -- admittedly not clear).

Does not say he did anything, but..... anything he did do, academically, to put him in jeopardy would be bad. That does not include rogue professors, actions that are harmless in the light of day, or other, non-fouls that could have been interpreted the wrong way and can be corrected, legitimately.

I was simply addressing the fact, IF he did wrong, he is to blame. Projecting a possible outcome, not decreeing one.

If that was not clear, I apologize, if you threw stones without careful reading, I accept your apology.

And Saban Fan: I ass/u/med I was on your ignore list. Good to know I am not!

And I still say, Merry Christmas to all.

1 person likes this.
  7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Really a blow, potentially. More than the numbers is his leadership. Would compare to loosing Sheppard on defense. I hope this gets worked out.

8. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I picked Ford as my breakout player of the year back in August, based on the spring game. It didn't happen early, but by late in the season, he was getting some touches and looking better.

I'd love to see him break out in the Cotton Bowl. Of course, I'd like to see Ware and Blue break out also!!! I like all of our running backs!

9. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

A la Auburn...let the NCAA officiate SR's academic woes...they can suspend him then immediately declare him ELIGIBLE--after her submits a book report (said report NOT written by his father!).

We need a little "Auburn" logic here. :-(

10. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

FIFY.