Right Now Bama is the best in the west.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Oct 28, 2002.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

As of Right now, I would venture to Say Alabama is the best team in the west. Bama has had some injuries and seemed to replace them with little or no decrease in play. We have lost basically 3 of our top players and it is starting to show.

They have two losses to two top 5 teams (Both Undefeated). We have one loss to the #3 team and a horrible loss to an Auburn team that played out of their shoes with an LSU team that put forth the worst effort since UAB.

It is actually a shame Bama cannot continue their success. Bama will just crush Auburn, and we will be lucky to get a win against them if the LSU team that played Auburn is the team we got and the team Bama has now continues.

Congrats on Bama, getting the Ole Vol monkey off their back.

Bama is the team to beat, even though we share the West Lead.

2. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

the Iron Bowl

Now thats a game in itself that you CANNOT predict. Year in and year out that game could go to whoever. Just look at last year. Auburn should have showed up and creamed them and then been on our way to Atlanta, but the team just didnt show up or something, I still cant explain that game. That was just a miserable day all around, not just the game. But anyhow my point is theres a lot of history in the Iron Bowl and for the most part both teams could be 0-10 going into that one and be fired up like youve never seen. I personally think that this year is going to be one of the best Iron Bowls yet. If we play like we did on Saturday theres no telling what can happen, just because of the sheer emotion that goes along with the game. And not to mention Bama has never scored a point on Auburn in T-town. :) Thats just my little tidbit of info for ya'. Im not saying it will hold up this year. I wish with all my heart that it would, but never the less I think the game will be awesome this year.

WAR EAGLE!!

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Hey, TexasTigers

I thought you were going to take two weeks off to lower the old blood pressure?!

4. TexasTigers

I missed you guys....

5. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

It's hard to stay away.

"I keep trying to get out...but they keep pulling me back in!"

6. BamaBengal

BamaBengal Founding Member

bama

agreed Morgan but I'm thinkin we'll score this year at home! Thanks Texas for your pinpoint accuracy on this thread topic.

7. Dixie Darlin

Dixie Darlin Founding Member

Thanks for the congrats texastigers! I stayed away for a while also because I didn't know what to say. I know your disappointed but you know that LSU will be back. I don't know what the heck happened out there saturday. LSU will regroup. I still feel like the LSU/bama game is going to be a barn burner! We aren't gonna think for one minute that yall will stay down. As far as the
    iron bowl...yeah that could go either way...but I think bama pulls it out.

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Morgan, you amuse me...

So, you've never lost a game in T-town? I know you guys won in 2000 9-0...but you'd have to go a century back to find the next matchup btwn the two schools......and here I was thinking that most Auburn fans thought Alabama lived in the past. ;)

I'll have to agree with you on the Iron Bowl. You never know.

Most Alabama fans (according to pre-season fan polls I've read) felt Bama would end up 10-3 this year. With the two losses already I'm assuming they think the 3rd will come at the hands of the LSU Tigers. It'll be a good ball game, without a doubt.

9. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

Ahhh

I live to amuse. :) I honestly only know that fact because such a big deal was made about it back in 2000, since that was the first time the Iron Bowl was played in T-town in so long. I really dont know too many more pre-historic facts.

WAR EAGLE

10. TexasTigers

Morgan, Pre-Historic iron bowl facts would include, Throng - Bama's QB was on his way to passing the rock (an actual rock) to Ugh for 250 yards of sticks, and dirt. However a Sabertoothed tiger jumped from the trees and attacked Throng ruining a possible record breaking day in the first ever Iron Bowl. However Iron had not been discovered yet so it was called the Pelt Bowl.