Right Now Bama is the best in the west.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Oct 28, 2002.

1. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Whats up Terry? Great to see you on our rivals site. Yes, I agree that Alabama will not face the same LSU team that Allbarn faced. That just won't happen. LSU took us to the woodshed last season and really woke the team up. We will hopefully make a better showing as we try to reclaim our dominance in Red Stick. I was one of those that voted Bama to go 10-3 in the poll Terry was talking about. I had us beating U Ga and losing to LSU. It is historically correct that one cannot predict the Iron Bowl, but right now the team that worries me the most is Hawaii. I'm not really anxious to travel that far to see the Tide lose. TexasTiger has always been one to tell it like he sees it.

2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

For your amusement, Morgan...

Two the the three wins Auburn has over Bama came in 1895 and 1901. Just to add a little mystique to that the stadium didn't even exist then. Alabama played their home games on the Quad (grassy area between main library and President's mansion). Alabama played 4 games in 1895, one of which was against LSU in Baton Rouge. We played in Colombus, GA, Baton Rouge, New Orleans and Tuscaloosa that year. Isn't that something...more games in Louisiana than the state of Alabama!