Right War, Right Time? Kerry backs Bush's $82bn request

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUDeek, Feb 15, 2005.

1. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Not stupid at all. If someone doesn't want to vote for Bush and would rather have anyone else at office other then him, it is perfectly fine. That is their choice.

Have been the entire time waiting for you to show me how it is stupid.

So now you have to turn towards name-calling for your piss poor argument? How old are you? I think my kids could thrown a better argument at someone before they start ranting about others being morons and such. :rofl:

Your thought process is a joke. :thumb:

Why be quiet? Seeing you rant and rave like a little baby is making my day at work better. I can't wait to see your next Internet-hardcore ending telling me not to answer back. :cry:

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

fine you win. "anyone else" is better. bush is literally the worst candidate in the entire universe. not one single person is worse. any candidate that is not bush is better than bush, including charles manson.

3. MarineTiger

If you believe that, so be it.

I voted for the man and would again if he ran for a 3rd term.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

i dont believe that, you are the one who thinks that reasoning works. i dont. i am sane.

5. MarineTiger

Allowing someone to vote for another candidate because they can't stand one of them....what the hell kind of reasoning is that?

I understand your extreme example of filling in a vote for whoever that is an idiot but I don't see that anywhere on the screen this year for candidates to choose from such as Kerry and such as the Libert. candidate that slips my mind right now....

Many people voted for Kerry just because they hated Bush and what he had put us through in the last several years.

When I came back from Kuwait 13 months ago, friends of mine who came back with me told me and even tried convincing me that they would never vote for Bush because of the war. Are they insane too?

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

man, use your head.

read slowly: ONLY IF THEY VOTED FOR KERRY SOLELY BASED ON HIS NOT BEING BUSH, REGARDLESS OF MERIT.

the mere state of not being george bush is a poor qualification for a candidate. every person ever born fits that description, except one.

7. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Knowing their candidate was lacking, the Kerry campaign promoted the slogan "anyone but Bush"
    ...and all the irrational people bit.

It's quite scary when you realize how many irrational people there are in the world. It's like we're teetering on the edge of chaos.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

not voting for bush because you do not agree with his policies is fine and not stupid at all. that has nothing to do with anything.

i repeat, the thing that is stupid is this:

"I voted for Kerry because he was the not-Bush candidate"

that statement implies you do not give a damn if your candidate is better or worse than bush, but simply that he is not bush. red used this sentence in response to criticism of kerry, furthering that implication. the logical extension of this statement is that you would rather vote for saddam hussien than bush. i know you cant really understand logic well, but just trust me, that is what it means.

9. MarineTiger

Why do you think those people say that about Bush? Because they disagree with something about him. War? Economy? Party? Whatever.....

Red said he didn't vote for Bush because he was Bush....obvioulsy red doesn't like something about the man which causes him to feel that way.

Internet-Hardcore ending #2.

After serving this country for basically my entire life, I have no problem comparing my senses and logics over yours anyday of the year.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

play your "i served my country" card all you like. i dont care. you still are unable to understand what i am telling you.

i realize you have no chance to understand this, but nevertheless...

candidate x is not a better candidate based solely on the fact that he is not candidate y. if that were true, you would have to concede that every person who ever lived, except candidate y, is a better candidate than candidate y.

true or false, you understand the previous paragraph?

please pay attention. what red actually said was "I voted for Kerry because he was the not-Bush candidate". not voting for bush is not the same thing as voting for kerry.

red didnt say he liked kerry or that kerry is better, or anything except that he is not bush, a characteristic which every person ever born has (except one). can you see where this is going?