Ripen Green Bananas in 5 Minutes

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Bengal B, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You want banana bread. So you go to the grocery store to buy bananas. But all of the bananas are green and hard. You’ll have to wait days for them to ripen up enough to make the bread, right?

Wrong! Food & Wine Test Kitchen fruit ninja Justin Chapple has a quick trick that transforms unripe bananas into ultra-ripe, sweet and creamy fruits that are ready to be baked into bread. Watch the video above to find out how he does it.

https://www.yahoo.com/food/how-to-ripen-bananas-in-a-flash-111886781144.html

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

All he did was bake the damn banana.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's why he is the Food & Wine Test Fruit Ninja and can give Mad Genius tips.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i have one of those ninja thingies and its been pretty great. wish i had one long ago.

never knew baking a banana made it fresh so to speak.

i have a tip on turning green bananas to ripe as well. leave the store. get home. now you have a brown fucking banana.

i need to know how to turn a brown one green.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Really, what a useless tip. In order to make banana bread, you have to ripen a banana by baking it. And then what do you do. You bake it into bread. What am I missing here? Why bake the banana twice?