Rivals 3 star rankings are out

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by CParso, Jul 13, 2006.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

The argument could be made, I think, for D'Montreal Wilson, Bajoie, & Delvin Breaux being deserving of 4 star rankings.

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

the rankings will be revised in august.. expext alot of the louisiana 3 stars to move up... its just a matter of louisiana players living in bumf*ck and not having good film...

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Some won't get the attention and ranking they deserve just because they are starting so low on the totem poll and I think we can blame much of it on the entire LA infrastructure being messed up last year along with many players being re-located. I think another thing that came into play was the academic issues many of them have/had.

5. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I would hope so. Right now too many three stars. Are the rankings revised as the season progresses? It seems to me a lot of players could jell during the season and come into their own, which would enhance their stock. That should be reflected in their ratings. I think the ratings should be upgraded in mid-season.

6. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Saban's 2003 #1 ranked recruiting class in 2003 had Ten 3 Star players & One 5 Star. He also signed Ten 3 Star players in 2004, & 2 Star Hester, after we won the NC. The rankings will be adjusted a couple of times before their final rankings.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Well said Perple. :thumb:

8. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

It could also be argued that some 4 stars should actually be deserving 3 stars on these recruiting sites. There are a handful of players that are overhyped who play on really good teams that helped them become more well known or have better tape because they live in better parts of the state.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I don't think that's true for any of our recruits right now, but of course it holds true for a number of recruits across the country at any given time.

Lakeview or whatever that highschool in Florida is might be an example, they have like 4 players with verbal commits to Florida plus we have one from their TE (Hammond). I can't help but feel like maybe some of those guys have to be overrated due to the team they are playing around, but I haven't watched all their film. I really like Hammond though.

10. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Thanks a lot. We often get too tied up in the # of stars a player is given, and I think I have fallen into that trap a little bit. I know it is not uncommon at all for a three star player to become a starter in his first year and make a significant contribution to the team.