Rivals 3 star rankings are out

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by CParso, Jul 13, 2006.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I would have to say that at a program like LSU, that is very uncommon. Hell, we get 4 & 5 star guys that are third string.

2. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

I guess that would depend on what your definition of "uncommon" is:grin: . I would imagine that in any given year, LSU has at least one 3 star player in the starting lineup. In most years, I would assume that LSU would have more that one 3 star player in the starting lineup. Being that it happens every year, many times on multiple occasions, I would say that it is not uncommon.:D

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I'm sure we have several 3 star players in the starting lineup. He said three star recruits would become starters their freshman year. The three star guys we have starting aren't freshman.

4. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

My mistake. I was not aware this was limited to freshman. You're right, I agree that it would be uncommon for a three star freshman to crack the starting lineup.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

When we look at how many true freshmen become starters, I'd say it is rather uncommon for any of them to become starters no matter what their ranking is. Most years we're lucky to see one out of 20-25. Some years we see two maybe. In many years we see none. How many cracked the starting lineup last season? I think Beckwith may have been the closest if the LB woes would have continued.

6. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

People argue with the star rating all the time.But more time than not, the five star guys turn out to be five star players...I think it gets harder to rank some of the the three star guys and it's probably more common to see three star guys jump up than five star guys to flounder out...

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

You might be giving 5 star recruits a little too much credit. I'd say most 5 star players turn out to be atleast good, with many being great, but many never doing much.

8. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

try oaks christian http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=2&nid=293529&yr=2006
    they're the school with jimmy clausen(who looks crazy, btw), marc tyler and a bunch of other guys that are 4 and 3 star. about 12 guys on scout. insane

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

And the occasional total bust. Chris Pettaway was a five-star, blue-chip, Parade All-America offensive lineman out of Florida who came to LSU in '84 and was supposed to be the next great lineman.

He played out his entire eligibility at LSU and never . . . even . . . lettered. Got his degree though and is now an engineer for a power company near Miami.

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

D'Montreal was bumped up to a 4 star. Someone said Breaux had been, maybe on Scout but I'm not seeing it on Rivals. But he recently had a very dominant performance in his team's first game. The opposing team's coaches said he was the best CB they'd seen in a long time & that he was ready for LSU now.