Rivals Conspiracy

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by mesquite tiger, Jan 30, 2004.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

How did we sign Herman yesterday and only add 40 pts onto our score? We are still behind USC by 60 points. Somebody please explain (islstlsu maybe).............we were at 2384 yesterday, and only at 2420 today AFTER herman signed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dis: :cuss: :angry: :cuss: :angry: :dis:

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I don't know why.....I thought I had figured out that 4 Star players get 143 points. But you are right, we only received about 80 points for Herm. I don't know if the more recruits you have, the points dimenish. I have no idea what's going on.

I think we need to consider the grassy knoll. I saw Fat Phil Fulmer back there.

3. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Someone email Rivals and point that out and ask...

4. TigahBait

TigahBait Ultimate Tigah Fan

Hey guys, there's always some sort of conspiracy going on against us. Personally, I don't care anymore as long as we perform to the best of our ability (we end up as national champs usually).

5. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

I don't think each 4 star player gets the same amount of points at rivals. I think it is based on their ranking. I also thought I heard him say on WWL that he is doing some of these calculations by hand, and that he is in the process of having it computerized. So, I guess it is possible that he either made a correction or an error, it does seem that Herm's points would be higher. I am not buying into the conspiracy thing, unless Agent Scully gets involved.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Herman Johnson is a higer rank than the 4 star player that got LSU 143 points. So that does not seem to be how it works at all.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

So let USC have the recruiting national title. It's just like the AP title they are so proud of; purely a matter of opinion. As for LSU, I'll take the stud athletes and enjoy watching Saban turn them into true champions. You know, the kind you win on the field.