Rivals' Freshman 5-Star Tracker

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by DwayneBowned, Nov 16, 2007.

1. DwayneBowned

DwayneBowned Founding Member

2. ghost_tiger

ghost_tiger Founding Member

I believe you're being a bit bias.

Noel Devine, Tyron Taylor, Arrelious Benn, Marvin Austin, Donovan Warren have all had better seasons than Tolliver and Jones.

Granted you did say top 20 so that would rule out Taylor, Benn and Warren.

But needless to say, Jones and Tolliver has played great so far this season and should have great careers at LSU.

3. jreed999

jreed999 Founding Member

Tolliver and Jones both look impressive compared to many of the freshman that were more highly rated than them. Tolliver has three touchdowns with only 10 receptions! Not bad.

Noel Devine's stats are pretty solid, too. The guy is averaging 9.1 yards every time he touches the ball on offense!

4. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Cool. I of course think Jones and Toliver rock.

Doesn't this depend, however, on the team they commit to? I mean, some of these guys are probably complete STUDS who aren't playing because they are behind a stable of other STUDS and just haven't seen enough time to amass stats. Am I wrong?

5. clair

clair Rockets

the kid Taylor at VT has been the best.

After the LSU game, their season could have gone way, way south, but he kept it going and turned it around.

6. True Grit

True Grit Founding Member

Eric Berry is going to be crazy good in the next few years.

7. DwayneBowned

DwayneBowned Founding Member

Well yes, that is the case for some of them. But can't really judge someone who isn't playing. But also look at our two guys, it's not like there's no one ahead of them. Jones came in with Steltz, Taylor and McCray expecting to get most of the playing time, which they have, but Jones has played too well to keep off the field. Even for punt returning duties he had to battle out some others. And Tolliver has about 6 receivers he has to battle with for PT .

I will concede that some of those guys might arguably be better than Tolliver, but I still think Berry and Jones are the two best freshmen so far. They're going to be incredible for 2-3 years.

As for Taylor, no hate on him he has been very impressive, but look at VT's schedule... after us the only 'tough' team Taylor had to play was Clemson (he didn't play against BC). But he has been far more impressive than Clausen