Rivals saying LSU BB coaching spot was the best available coaching job!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mrgreen21, Apr 12, 2008.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I actually think we can have an incredible program. Our fans are 10 times more loyal than most fanbases, including Tennessee's and look how much their program has risen lately. Brady wasn't a terrible coach he just didn't connect to the outside folks. If we have a combo of a successful guy on and off the court I think we could have a Florida/Tennessee type program.

2. mrgreen21

mrgreen21 Founding Member

I'm not saying we're not a Football school but just because we're a football school does that mean we can't win in any other sport? If anyone has trouble with that question ask the Lady Tigers BB team!

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

That would be great- I was jealous of UF last year when they doubled up.

4. Berge

Berge Founding Member

The worst thing for pressure on Johnson would be for him to win this coming season. If they were to win the West, expectations would rise for a team losing 5 players.

pressure on Johnson.. hehe... :grin:

5. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I like reading how Rivals wrote:

Given that LSU is a "football school," there is less of a media glare on the basketball program.

I think that's true, I think most Tiger fans care more about football than any other sport. But sure, that doesn't mean we don't want to be #1 at everything. Look at Florida, I'm sure most would consider them a "football school," and yet their basketball team has been awesome in recent years.

6. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Specifically, Rivals asked three people what the best BB coaching spot that became available this off-season. Two answered LSU, and the other said it was Indiana or Oklahoma State.

I like how the one guys who said it was LSU pointed out that "The school has some tradition; there have been star players (Bob Pettit, Pete Maravich, Chris Jackson, Shaquille O'Neal)." It similar to what Johnson said when he was saying he didn't realize how great LSU's tradition was, listing guys like Pettit, etc, and saying it doesn't get any better than that -- which to him was important in convincing recruits to come to LSU.

I also like how both the guys who said it was LSU pointed out that Louisiana turns out great recruits, and that:

"Johnson need only throw a blanket around his state and he'll be competing for national championships." (Mike Huguenin).

"Keeping the best Louisiana kids in Louisiana would go a long way toward establishing LSU as a perennial top-20 team." (Bob McClellan)

1 person likes this.
  7. eL eS shU

eL eS shU Founding Member

The Johnson jokes are enless. Oh the possibilities. :grin::grin: This is only the beginning my friend.

BTW, everytime i hear that, i think about Austin Powers.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkdOAgQMQvA[/MEDIA]