Roasting me some piggies

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Chase4LSU, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

Ok. Ole Miss is over with, and I see very little need to devote anymore time to discussion about it. Instead, let's look forward to our last game of the regular season.

Some points of interest:
    -Arkansas is 7-4 right now, 3-4 in conference play. They've lost to Georgia, Florida, Bama, and Ole Miss.
    -They are averaging 135 yards on the ground, and a whopping 310 yards through the air, making the total average 445 yards per game
    -They average 38 points a game, but are giving up 25 points a game
    -They are rebuilding too, and would love nothing more to beat us three years in a row

For us:
    -7-3, 4-3 in conference
    -128 yards on the ground, 180 yards passing, for a total average of 308 yards a game
    -We're averaging roughly 25 points on offense per game, while giving up an average of roughly 15 points per game

We're rebuilding, and we just came off of a heartbreaker.We're playing in our stadium, at night, on a Saturday. We can win this one, but it won't be easy.

We can't make mental errors that result in penalties on either side of the ball all game long. Chavis can't have our defense getting blown in zone coverage all game. Miles and Crowton have to come out swinging, and keep the pressure on all game long.

I believe we will win. What do the rest of you think will happen? Please no ranting or mindless hating:geaux:

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

They are very underrated in the running game, they have 2 really good backs in Michael Smith and Dennis Johnson, Smith is shifty, and Dennis Johnson is physical and is great after contact. This doesn't pose well for LSU's defense. If we play alot of nickel coverage Arkansas will run the ball down our throat like just about everyone else has this season. But, if we load the box, our corners and safeties are going to have to play lights out. I think we should load the box and use Mallet's aggressiveness against him. I think our corners can play with Arkansas' receivers, and with some pressure, Mallet will make mistakes.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Smith is out for the season. Broderick Green the tranfer from USC is back there but he is slow, but he is big. Leads the team in Rushing TD's

I know this because I have watched almost every Arkansas game this year with my buddy and neighbor who will be with me at the game this weekend.

Arkansas is very good and very underrated. They shouldnt have lost to UF if the refs didnt hand UF that game Arkansas would be discussed in a VERY different light right now.

To use our coaches speak "Damn strong and play with Poise"

Their only big weakness is on Defense but our offense is our weakness so this will be a battle of bad offense vs. bad defense, flat out sick offense vs. pretty darn good defense.

I dont think anyone wants my opinion on this game. SO I will keep it to myself.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Damn, didn't know that thanks. Dennis Johnson, we should remember him, he burnt us a couple of times. Check this video, but mainly watch the run at the 1:40 point. That was this year against UF. Johnson is a stud.
    YouTube - Dennis Johnson

5. Chase4LSU

Speak, you're amongst friends here:thumb:

6. Chase4LSU

I hope we don't see much zone on the defense. Ole Miss aggravated me a lot on third down

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I know that many of us have said this till we're blue in the face, but I think given the circumstances of this past week, combined with the sentiment that we could have beaten Bama, this team is going to come out more united than they have all year. I think this team is going to have the game we all have been looking for all season. The seniors have too much pride at stake to go out with a bad taste in their mouths and I think they will lead this team to a sound victory. :geaux: :LSU231: :milesmic:

8. Chase4LSU

Well said, Legacy. I wonder what will happen to Miles haters if that happens.

9. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Nothing, they will still be Miles haters. In my opinion, even if we finish out the season 10-3, which is even what the Miles haters predicted at the beginning of the season and thought would be acceptable, even if next season we go 13-1 with an SECC and a MNC, they will still be Miles haters.

10. Chase4LSU

Sadly, I believe the same thing. So much animosity against a coach whose had a national championship, an SEC championship, 5 winning seasons out of five, 80% wins is strange to me.