Roasting me some piggies

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Chase4LSU, Nov 24, 2009.

1. arklasecfan

arklasecfan Freshman

I know it isn't popular but I still see LSU playing a conservative offense. That is just CLM. Keep it close and win with defense. I don't think Crowton is even playing for his job, that's been decided. If LSU can get pressure with limited blitzing they can win. Mallett doesn't like to get dirty. No turnovers and slow down the game, you've got a chance. Pray you're ahead with a minute to go.:yelwink2:

2. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

One of the things about this game that's scary is that one of the best ways to keep Lurch from throwing TD's is to keep him on the bench and control the ball, usually with running. But our 2 best RB's are out. Also we really have to watch blitzing too much and disguise it really well. Lurch isn't exactly fleet of foot but he has real good pocket awareness and moves around in the pocket really nicely to avoid the rush. If we blitz and don't get there it's going to hurt!

3. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

That's the nature of having an aggressive defense. Look at when Saban was here. We lived or died by the blitz. Sometimes we got there in time. other times we didn't and it cost us games.
    That said, we can't just rush three or four and hope it magically contains R-Kansas. Well timed blitzes can do wonders, and that is what I really hope to see. Chavis is still putting the defense together, and I think he is a good enough DC to place the blitzes well in the game :tigereye: