Rob Bolden to transfer

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Jul 14, 2014.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Two totally unproven quarterbacks, so far. The real heartburn is the depth. It's a rough league. If we lose one of these quarterbacks, we are in trouble.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Jefferson and Lee were two unproven QBs and yet we managed to win 12 games. Harris and Jennings are each more talented than those two combined. No doubt there will be growing pains, but I don't think depth is a worry when you're use to playing with NO QB.

Winston1 and cajdav1 like this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

How do you know? Jefferson and Lee were highly touted when they came in too. I understand what you are trying to say, what I'm saying is that one or both of these guys just may not work out and if we suffer an injury to one, we will be one play away from truly having NO quarterback.

b_leblanc, Kal-El012 and shane0911 like this.
  4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Y
    You could plug in one of the back up defensive tackles at QB and have a better passing game than LSU had with Jefferson. LSU hasn't had quality depth at QB since Miles became coach. Having one would be more than normal, having two seems like Mardi Gras in September. As much as I try, I just can't seem to worry about who the third string QB is going to be.

5. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

And although Miles' success cannot be denied, this cannot go overlooked. Just sayin, eventually this may come to bite him in the arse.

6. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Fire les miles!

Cajun Sensation, LSUDad and TigerTap like this.
  7. Kal-El012

Dude has made putting words in other people's mouth a life's priority it would seem.

8. Kal-El012

LSU has had little identity on offense period. Yes Miles likes to run the football. I guess you can consider that having an identity.

But the QB is the position that has been lacking for the majority. Even before Miles. But Miles has recruiting prowess right? Why has that not changed?

After seeing the success Matt Flynn had, the things Jarrett Lee did when he wasn't throwing interceptions, and Mettenberger's numbers from last season, I have to ask, why we didn't have a guy similar to Mett ready to step in and bring some continuity to that offense.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Last year Cam used what he had as a strength, NFL QB, two NFL WR's and an NFL RB. If you look at Les on the sidelines last year, he still had the headset on, but seldom talked into them, unlike pervious years.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

The Miles haters have been predicting all kinds of doom and gloom and "bite him in the ass" moments for 10 seasons now.

I'll keep enjoying the Miles era, and you can keep hating it.

Remember when Mauck went down in '02, leaving us with Marcus Randall as our only QB depth? That was lots of fun.

Basically, it's hard to have quality QB depth because guys don't want to sit the bench if they're good. We were extremely blessed that Flynn stayed when he played behind Russell for the vast majority of his career.