Rob Bolden to transfer

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Bittersweet? I dunno LSUdad. It's not like I was wishing LSU to fail or even Miles to fail. I always wish the best for the program.

But I did question if Miles could bring another championship to Baton Rouge after 2007. Then when 2011 came and LSU was on the verge of having one of the best college teams, some said ever, and witnessing how it ended, it really got to me. To be that close and fall short under the circumstances, was a kick in the balls. I'm sure everyone felt it. But I guess most shrugged it off alot sooner than I could.

Regardless of my attitude towards Les and his ways, my admiration for university and young men making a difference on the field cannot be denied.

ParadiseiNC and LSUDad like this.
  2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Maybe you should address my comments instead of inventing lies to rant against.

All I have is an opinion on depth, Scooter. You got a problem with that? Nobody cares. I'll agree with one thing, though . . . you have trouble understanding.

3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

In 2011, one of the best teams ever? So was the ok team that was beat in 2003 and the ohio St team, best teams ever.

The preseason teams in 2011, had 18 bama players on it, LSU had 6, yep 6 players. It wasn't how could LSU miss on that game, it was how could nick miss on the 9-6 game. He had the team to beat all. How could nick be on the 0-2 streak? bama has had the #1 recruiting class the last 4 years, how is that?

cajdav1 and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  4. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I feel your pain. Two years ago all I did was rant and whine about our pathetic offense, and can be quoted saying "if" CLM didn't find a new OC he should be the one punished and pack his bags". But he fixed the problem and brought a better OC to the team than I could have ever asked for. I fully trust what Cam will get done with the talent we have, and while we may not be holding the new trophy at the end of this season, I think we definitely will be before Cam or CLM departs BR for the final time!

ParadiseiNC and LSUDad like this.
  5. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I focused on how happy I was and proud I was of that particular team to overcome those "team issues" and tread through that ridiculously tough schedule finding different ways to win (in the games we were not blowing teams out) and finishing 13-0, and eventually 13-1. It sucked to get there and lose, but what a freaking ride it was getting there. That I will never forget!

ParadiseiNC, cajdav1 and LSUDad like this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Stacey, don't you understand by now that as fans, nitpicking is our job. Les Miles is a good coach but he is also a stubborn human being who sometimes makes mistakes that seem like a high school coach wouldn't make. He is not as bad at game clock management as Mark Richt but he has made some pretty bonehead calls late in some games. It is our duty as knowledgeable fans to point out things like that when we see them.

Other coaches don't "get a pass." We can see the stupid things they do. We just don't care.
    Les Miles coaches LSU. Those "grasses greener" coaches don't. Now, Stacey, I know that you are a good fan but fans have to work at it just like coaches and players. Football is right around the corner. We need to shake off those summer doldrums and be ready to bring it with attitude starting with Game One! I want to watch some game tapes and point out 5 Les Miles mistakes with your critique of what he should have done and why. Post it on this thread by tomorrow at this time. You won't be graded on spelling.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

1) He should have put Jarrett Lee in on 1/9/12. FWIW, I do not think it would've helped, but when it didn't, it at least would have quieted critics. He did more for JL's heroic legacy in one night than JL ever did on his own.

2) He screwed up royally at the end of the '08 Ole Miss game. He let the clock run down to nothing before calling a time out. Duh... Then, he blamed Jefferson (but, hey, the Jefferson haters should've loved that...except they didn't.)

3) He handled Jefferson's return to the team in '11 very oddly. I wouldn't have put him in to score a TD after Lee took the team downfield.

4) The end of the Tennessee game in '10 was ridiculous. Wtf with substituting all of that personnel down on the goal line with no time left? Now, I feel like that was more of Crowton's nonsense, but as the head coach, his ultimately is his jurisdiction. Fortunately, it confused UT so much that they screwed up worse than we did by sending in too many men.

5) He made too many weird calls during the '12 Bama game. Had he been more conservative, maybe we keep the ball longer and Bama might not score. But then again, "live by the Mad Hatter, die by the Mad Hatter," I suppose.

LaSalleAve, b_leblanc and red55 like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Great Job! I expected you to grumble for a while and say "Who the hell does Bengal B think he is?" and then come back and call me a Negatiger.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Not at all. I like a good challenge.

cajdav1 and LSUDad like this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It leads to another question. Zach Mettenberger was on that 2011 team but I'm not going to say he was ready for something like the NC game. BUT, if Cam Cameron had been the OC back then Mett would have been a lot more advanced than he was. Of course Lee and JJ might have been better quarterbacks too but Mett had a lot more talent than either one of them. I'm not saying he would have lit up the Bama D for 300 yards and 4 TDs but if LSU had only been able to make an average number of first downs and balance the time of possession the greatest defense in the history of college football wouldn't have had to stay on the field until their tongues were dragging the Superdome turf. I know-"coulda, woulda, shoulda" and a buck will only buy me a cup of coffee but......

LSUDad and StaceyO like this.