Rob Ryan Gone!

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by P&G_wheelz007, Nov 16, 2015.

1. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Looks like SP finally cut the cord.....

2. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

It needed to happen obviously, but it is a shame in a way. He really liked New Orleans and embraced our area and our culture. I wish him the best except when he goes against us. Maybe one day we can get a decent defense for more than 1 fluke season every 5 years or so.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  3. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

According to nola.com, he hasn't been fired. Still, if you think about it, it's a really strange evolution of events since he was hired. Spagnolo's 2012 defense was the worst in NFL history, yet they somehow recorded a shut out (41-0 against T.B.) and finished 7-9. So in steps Ryan and instantly the D goes from worst to top 5. Was that just a fluke or what? Usually, flukes don't encompass an entire season. That aside, they then from good to bad and continue declining steadily until they're now the worst again. And they're so bad, I think Spagnolo's D was better than this one. Is it the coach, the players, the scheme or all 3?

MikeInLa likes this.
  5. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

That is exactly the question going through my mind @fanatic
    I feel like its a combination of all 3. Seems like these players aren't as hungry as they were at the SB either.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Ryan has shown throughout his history that the first year is impressive and then it's downhill from there.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Now officially gone, Allen is new DC, reported by nola.com

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Not surprising, but what is Allen going to do with a defense that has zero talent? You can bet he'll suck just like Rob. Bad drafts, bad free agency and continually trying to beat the salary cap have the Saints depleted of talent on both sides of the ball.

diamondheadtiger likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There is a lot more wrong with this team than Fat Jesus. Allen coaches the DBs and he can't even get Browned to stop getting called for holding. But somebody had to be the fall guy and Ryan was the obvious choice. I don't look for much improvement

TwistedTiger likes this.
  10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

That's the way I see it too. Disappointed it didn't work out with Ryan and not just because the Saints desperately need a defense. He was meant to be in a city like New Orleans, looked like he had a blast out on the town.

ehusson80, Bengal B and fanatic like this.