Rob Ryan

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Sep 9, 2013.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I think they will because the talent is there, with Anthony and Kihaha coming into their own, and the return of Byrd, Lewis and Ellerbe (who's been playing at an extremely high level); unless they really improve over the next 8 weeks. Maybe they can shore some things up over the bye, but I'm not that optimistic.

The only time we got a stop yesterday was the sack/fumble that turned into a penalty. Did the Giants even punt in the 2nd half? Not good. But you could pretty much tell from the onset that the team that had the ball last was going to win.

2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

With all of the firing you do, you wouldn't have anybody worth a shit wanting to work for you, LOL.

Bengal B and fanatic like this.
  3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

In all fairness, I think you have to look at who the Saints envisioned as their starting 11 this season, along with who were going to be the subs in key packages (i.e. nickel and dime backs, situational pass rushers) and then look at how often they've had all of these guys available. My guess is never. Byrd and Ellerbe missed the start of the season; now Ellerbe's out again, Browner missed the opener, Lewis has missed significant time, as has Swan, Hawthorne has been out, now Ki'kaha may be out for awhile. Ryan hasn't been good, but you have to have the tools in place to get the job done.

4. fanatic

I missed Kikhaha's injury. What happened? I like Ellerbe alot, but knew he was injury prone.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

mctiger, I don't think you can defend Ryan after today.

Like I said, he should have been fired ever after last week's win

Team reminds me of the 2008 LSU defense, no clue as to what's going on

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

how bout that Rob Ryan?

Can't wait to see Payton be given his walking papers at the end of the season. He is the one that was giving Ryan another season, he deserves it.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Whoever evaluated Brandon Browner needs their pink slip. That dude should only be in for run support or to rush the quarterback.

Richdog likes this.
  8. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

He's worse than Roman Harper on his worst day....by far.

fanatic likes this.
  9. fanatic

So true. Didn't he have the reputation of a shutdown corner when we signed him?
    Benson will never fire Payton after Payton delivered a Super Bowl. But there's no way Ryan survives after the season. Probably the only reason he wasn't let go last week was because we won. I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone tomorrow.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

He was the most penalized corner in the league when he was signed, that's certainly continued, but he was on a defense that could really get after the QB making him look a lot better.