Robert Meachem

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Wow. What a great play when Brees was picked off by a Redskin defender and Meachem ran him down on the sideline and stripped the ball away from him and ran it in for a TD.

Seriously? That was SICK!

He has really played very well this year and has come into his own. He is really developing into a fine WR and a key part of this Saints football team.

I figured that this would be his year.

My gameball goes to Meachem!:thumb:

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I always knew he was going to be a nice addition to the Saints even with the doubters.

My reasoning was that if this kid can come straight out of the draft and have to overcome an injury with his attitude it would all work out. Remember, during his rookie year he would make it a habit to get with the premier WR of our opponents each week and gets tips during pre-game warmups.

Even though he knew he would not see the field for most of the year, he never lost focus of his goal to better himself for when his time arrived.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Pencil me as one of the doubters. After his early injuries, he started to remind me of Dontwanttoplay Stallworth and I thought any receiver coming out of Tenn were soft. Glad I was wrong about him. Congrats to him on the game today and his breakout season.

4. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

When Meach stripped that ball away, I was thinking to myself, "Does Greg Williams teach offensive players, too?"

That was very Greg Williamsesque of Meachem to strip the ball away.....that's the kinds of stuff that he preaches to the defense to do.

GREAT heads up play.

.......I'm still waiting for CBSSports to give Meach credit for that "fumble, fumble recovery and TD" in fantasy (right now he hasn't gotten any credit for it!)

5. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

I bet that will certainly end up in the ESPN top 10 plays!!!

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

good thing is, I got credit for a TD by the Saints defense in my fantasy league. :thumb:

7. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Meachem is turning into a good aggressive, reliable receiver. Colston is a good receiver but seems a little meek and apprehensive at times. Devery is good as well but will drop them every now and then. Not a bad core, though.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

When Moore is healthy, I believe we have the best 4-WR set in the league, and it only gets better when you figure in how well all of our TEs and RBs catch the ball.

9. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Who's your daddy?????

10. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Definitely a great play by him probably will be on the Top 10 plays on ESPN..So happy he's having a great year and have to kinda agree with mctiger w/our WR corps being one of the best just hard to say they are the best w/Arizona's WR corp.