Robert Nkemdiche Visit

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Mar 19, 2012.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I'd rather they just disallow early "commitments" which mean exactly nothing in the long run. Let them commit from the end of the regular season till signing day.

2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

That would require too much effort on their part. It would mean re-writing the recruiting handbook (not that this doesn't need to be done) to change dead period (covers entire month of Jan. as example,) quiet periods, etc.

It’s time for conference commissioners to step outside of their comfort zone and make those changes. The most recent survey by the AFCA showed 73 percent of FBS coaches and 82 percent of FCS coaches support an early signing period, although opinions appear to be divided on just how early.

Two groups against it right now. Coaches/administrators from non-AQ schools which won't be a factor in two years. The second, and probably a major cog in the mix, is the media.

I did some research on this for an article recently. Here's an excerpt on the media...

3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

The No. 1 college football prospect in the nation says his commitment to Clemson is a “done deal” if the Tigers offer one more of his Grayson High School teammates, safety Ryan Carter.

“I am waiting on Clemson to offer Ryan; when that happens, it’s locked … it’s a done deal … it’s over,” Robert Nkemdiche told the AJC.

Nkemdiche says the primary reason he picked Clemson over LSU and Alabama, among others, was because the Tigers already had commitments from his two his Grayson teammates, RB Wayne Gallman and DB David Kamara. Also, earlier this week, former Grayson QB Nick Schuessler decided to give up his football scholarship to Mississippi State to be a preferred walk-on at Clemson (Nkemdiche has lived with Schuessler’s family at times).
    The only person missing in the Grayson-to-Clemson pipeline is Ryan Carter, according to Nkemdiche.
    Who is Ryan Carter? He’s a 5-foot-10, 175-pound defensive back who already has early football scholarship offers from Ole Miss, Georgia State, Tulane, Arkansas State and Southern Miss.

“He’s so hard-nosed,” Nkemdiche said. “He comes up and hits anybody. It doesn’t matter how big you are. He will come and hit you. That’s what I like about him. He plays with a high motor and is a great football player … Of course, I’m surprised he doesn’t have more offers. I’m waiting on him to get that offer from Clemson so he can come join the family.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/201...-deal-if-they-offer-another-grayson-teammate/

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Talk about your package deals.......

5. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

This is a no win for Dabo. I kinda like it.

6. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

yeah if RN had been quiet about it, it would have been more effective. In the end, coach will offer the scholly and say it had nothing to do with RN.

7. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

It's amazing the power that these 17 year old kids have. More and more they seem to call the shots.

If I were Dabo, I'd probably tell RN to go eff himself.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I don't think the ncaa will ever have the power to legislate a recruit giving a verbal since the kids aren't in college, and schools don't really officially accept commitments since non of these are binding.

I think that Texas getting so many early commits that we've seen a major shift in recruiting with many more top level recruits committing early; I bet the Under Armor and Army All American organizers are disappointed but I love it. We will always have a few guys waiting to the last minute I guess but many of the attention seekers can just have the announcement at their school our on one of the recruiting shows, especially since espn is big into the game now.

9. dudley

dudley oops!

I think he winds up at Ole Miss.

col reb likes this.
  10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

When we discuss opportunities kids have in the college choice we talk of them being able to be a part of a team that is competing for titles; SEC and National.

What does it say about a kid who threatens to commit to a school that won't sniff ATL, much less a BCS or playoff spot in the next three years?