Robert Nkemdiche Visit

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Mar 19, 2012.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Will likely never stop; at least in our lifetime.

His verbal fits with the thread on the other forum about recruiting and head coaches. Dabo has been a good recruiter, but an average head coach.

2. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Lots-O-time between now and NSD.

3. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Pretty sure that's what he said and some idiot at Rivals thought he meant Clemson...

stevescookin likes this.
  4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Nkemdiche isn't going to make or break a team.

I've only come up with one issue with his decision to attend Clemson; that is player development.

IF you were to look at what a kid needs in college it's a program that develops his football abilities so he has a chance to compete at the next level.

Now, I'm not forgetting that Clemson has had players like DeQuan Bowers and Jarvis Jenkins drafted in the early rounds. However, I'm also not forgetting they have hired Brent Venables as their new DC.

How many has he developed over the last few years and have been early draft picks? I've been back to the year 1999 and have only found two players that have been drafted from their defensive line. Two.

RN may feel this decision is best for him. But, does RN know what's best for him?

If the NFL is indeed his ultimate goal...

stevescookin likes this.
  5. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

check out Clemson's DL coach, Dan Brooks. he was DL coach at Tennessee from '94 to '08, during which time they had 18 DL drafted, including 10 in the first 3 rounds and 5 in the 1st Round

and in the 3 drafts since he's been at Clemson, he's had 5 DL get drafted, including 4 in the first 3 rounds

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Good catch.

I'll tell ya this. Dabo was fast and loose with recruiting when he was in Tuscaloosa. Seeing this guy has experience under Fulmer?

2000_tiger likes this.
  7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

We will be waiting for every recruit to actually sign on NSD, I weiner if reporters ever read their own stuff before it gets posted?

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

He would have to flip on signing day in that scenario, doubt if that happens.

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

This one isn't over yet.

As a caveat, I have to first admit in all my years I still haven't learned to keep my mouth shut when I should. I feel I do better, but still find myself thinking, "...shouldn't have said that."

I mention that because one of the aspects of recruiting I've always found entertaining is watching what kids say and then see some backtrack. I'm not talking about kids to give a verbal to one school and then flip, but some of the comments surrounding their recruitment.

One example that comes to mind happened four years ago(?) when Lache Seastruck was at Auburn's first big cat weekend and was caught on video calling out Saban. A week later, we find out he's called Saban on the phone and apologized because his mother found out and...well, mom's, right?

Now, back to Nkemdiche.

There are two people I trust, both so independent from each other when it comes to information it's a night and day scenario, have shared that Robert has been on the phone the last week making calls to other coaches who have been recruiting him. I know he called one of our coaches, whether he's called others I can't say for sure but I'd assume he would.

While he's not decommitted, or as some put it opened his recruitment back up he has said he wants to keep "avenues of communication open" with this coach and the Bama program. Does it mean anything in the long run? Who knows. I'm sure we could come up with a half of a dozen different thoughts that have crossed his mind and still be wrong on all of them.

I find yet another story interesting in recruiting. Thank God. With so many early commits to schools these last few years NSD has become a little monotonous.

10. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I'm telling you...the fact that the schools have to keep a watch over their committed players by visiting them all over the country, sending them mail, etc. after they commit is costing the schools BIG $$$.

When is the NCAA going to let seniors sign LOI's any time during recruiting season?

I'd love to see that. The athletes would have to "put up or shut up". Nkemdiche and others may wait till the end to sign, but at least the coaches would know where they stand with them. Other kids would commit earlier too because both schools and athletes would actually know how many spots were left and might not want to miss the bus.

The current situation gives 17 year old kids way too much power.

b_leblanc likes this.