Robert Smith destroys LSU last night on ESPN2

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jester, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Jester

Jester Founding Member

I posted this on another thread, but I wanted to know if anyone else saw it.

Last night on ESPN2, I had the pleasure of listening to Robert Smith talk about how Boise State and TCU were SOOO much better than LSU.

One of his quotes trashing LSU was:

"See LSU there with the 8-1 and 5-1 in the SEC. This win over Bama doesn't really mean THAT much in the big picture because, well, LSU actually LOST to Tennessee. So, they're really 7-2 and 4-2 in conference. I don't care if they got the win. If it hadn't been for a screw up with Tennesee putting 13 men on the field, LSU loses. So, when it comes time to vote, I, and I assume, every other voter, will count LSU as 7-2 and 4-2 in the SEC."

I couldn't believe my ears. That right there shows how much positive or negative media opinion affects rankings. Do you know how many people, and likely voters probably heard that, or something like it.

I mean, whats the difference between a team screwing up and putting 13 men on the field the last play of the game or doing it during a pivotal play that leads to the game winning play in the 3rd qtr? I don't think I've ever heard such a ridiculously biased comment or ever been as pissed at an ESPN commentator.

What a douchebag.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Robert Smith is a hater, plain and simple. He is still pissed LSU spanked his alma maters ass in the Sugar a few years ago. He is a chode smoker if he thinks LSU lost to Tennessee. What does it say in the column? Screw Robert Smith, screw Corso, screw Herbie, screw May and Holtz, screw Kiper, screw McShay, screw em all. They are just pissed that Les Miles has made them look like idiots, AGAIN.

3. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I laughed at May during College Gameday Final. He said something to the effect of, I cant believe Im going to say this, but Miles actually outcoached Saban.

4. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

May also gave a helmet sticker to Nevis for his performance. He better be First Team All American after this season.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

may seems to forgot all the negative crap that oozes out of his mouth leading up to game day. guess being a broadcaster is like being a quarterback, gotta have a short memory. unfortunately, they love to point out when they are right, but never do when they are wrong, sound like politicians.

6. Jester

Jester Founding Member

I just looked on the College Gameday site. Herbstriet has picked against LSU EVERY SINGLE game that he has made picks this season.

You'd think after we proved him wrong enough times, he'd pick us to win.

It really is amazing that the media opinion of LSU is so horrible with our record this season. Can you imagine any other team being #5 in the BCS with a 4-1 record against top-25 teams, and still everyone thinks they suck?

The big question I have is whether our reputation from this season is going to proceed us into next season.........when everyone here is actually expecting us to have a chance to make a run.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Robert who?

This clown has just discredited himself. He doesn't even understand what a win is.

8. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Les and his team just beat the defending national champs, the same team that all the know-it-all analysts said was going to make an epic run to this year's NC game. There's no asterisk, no controversy, it was fair and square. That is a signature win and no analyst who values their integrity and reputation can possibly downplay it or spin it as a negative. May at least admitted the truth in the end. Herbie doesn't pick us often, but he's also one of the more honest college football analysts out there. Robert Smith is a scrub and a hack.

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

unfortunately, some in the media are in a sense parroting back what many in our fan base have themselves been saying. they have just been feeding each other.

now throw in that the coaches poll seems to be influenced by perception, and this kind of crap isnt doing us any favors, no matter how big the douche is spouting it.

10. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Robert Smith is a pickle kissing p.o.s. and I hope he fingerbangs and intern or something and the media takes it and runs with it and ruins him.

....and I hope the intern is a guy.

That is all.

2 people like this.