Robert Smith destroys LSU last night on ESPN2

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jester, Nov 7, 2010.

1. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Every year every team has at least a game or 2 where you can say "if such and such hadn't happened they would have lost/won that game." The big difference is that the Tennessee one happened on the last play of the game. You are not allowed to have 13 men on the field. Plain and simple. What counts in the end is that we did win the game.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Let it go.

3. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

These guys want sooooo bad to see Boise or TCU in the big dance that they will spew all kinds of hatred to get them there. Go ahead and put them in and let them get destroyed by an Auburn or the Ducks and settle it now. Remember what happened to Hawaii. They won't even let go near an SEC team anymore. They are all a bunch of pinheads. If they were worth all the talk they spew they would be playing on Sunday. All washouts. We just need to keep winning and make look like the fools they are.

4. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

I have never heard of a Robert Smith sportscaster. This thread will not cause me to seek him out.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Tell the truth Snarl, you thought of The Cure lead singer didn't you. :D

6. Uncle Milty

Uncle Milty Founding Member

If you take the time to understand what ESPN is, this stuff starts to make sense. ESPN is not, in any stretch of the imagination, a journalism org. They are opinion based, filled with ex football players, many from Big 10 schools, and they are business partners with the NCAA. So it helps their ratings to do as Smith does and claim that TCU should be the #1 team in the country. And as others have stated, Smith, like Herbstreit and Corso, see things through a Big 10 clouded lens.

What I'd like to ask those bums is this: do they actually think that there's a team in the country, that could stay unbeaten, while doing as LSU has had to do, playing Miss. St., Auburn, Bama, Florida and Arkansas? I think we all know the answer to that.

7. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

They do too!

Thats why they deflect on don't want to entertain the idea of a big 10 or bcs want-to-be playing an SEC schedule.;)

8. Rex C.

Rex C. member

BINGO!

These haters must think their vitriol is limited to the PC in Momma's basement, but the epic level of negativity this year has been mostly self-generated...and the media have definitely chimed in.

Even Sheppard mentioned it after Saturday's game when he gave Les the game ball.

I'm all for constructive criticism, but if you're still in the "Fire Les" camp, you really need to have your ass kicked.

9. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Yes, he is. He has slammed & took shots at LSU several times over the last couple of years. :dis: I've heard he's from La. or has lived here previously as well. For some reason I'm thinking I heard Shreveport. :LSU231:

1 person likes this.
  10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

What is sad is I was listening to ESPN sports radio before the game, where the commentators were pointing out that the LSU fans are mixed as to what they would prefer a W or a L against Bama. The reasoning was because many of the LSU fan base would have preferred a loss so that it would further cement the sentiment of wanting Miles fired.

Yes, the LSU fan base is a laughing stock, because there really is the sentiment of Fire Les Miles, one of the winningest coach's in LSU history, who was at the time 7-1, with the only loss to the #2 team in the country, and now has us at 8-1. BTW, where are those people now, do they not have much to say or have some of them miraculously jumped on the LSU will go 11-1 and have a chance at the MNC wagon.

Stick to your belief. You claimed this team and coaches would go 8-4/7-5 at best. You believed that this team had no shot at beating UF or Bama. You believed these coaches and team were going to fold once they lost. Yeh, I agree GC still must go and that JJ/JL aren't really good, but the bottom line is Coach Miles has this team 8-1, just beat the Almighty Saban and Bama, and has been able to overcome the shortcomings that have been put in front of him. To me that actually is a good coach.

Try and say he got lucky to beat Bama. Try and say Bama isn't very good this yr. Try and say the SEC is down this yr. I would say really, the SEC has 10 teams that are going to go bowling, the SEC has 7 top 25 teams, and I would say that Bama is coached by Nick Saban, so it is impossible for Bama to be down based on somes perception of Saban.

Now, all that said, I will come down off my soapbox and back to a bit of reality. I stated that you should stick to your beliefs, well the same goes for me. Just because we beat Bama doesn't change my feeling towards how I believed this season would turn out. Although going 11-1 is very possible, I had picked us to drop one to UF and Ark before the season. Well we beat UF, but dropped to AU. I still believe we drop the Ark game and finish 10-2. :geaux: :LSU231: :geauxtige

3 people like this.