Robert Smith destroys LSU last night on ESPN2

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jester, Nov 7, 2010.

1. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

Yeah I caught that on ESPN to, he is a clown.
    Also I agree that many other "analysts" on ESPN are just a bunch of SEC haters, Big Ten Pumpers.
    One of the few guys that gives LSU respect though is David Pollack.
    Any one ever watch "the experts" on ESPNU?
    Its about 10-15 guys talking about college football and last week EVERY ONE was dogging on Pollack because he said LSU was a great football team and he argued with them for a while.
    Pollack was a DE for UGA around 2001-2004 around then BTW.

2. Pintoracer

Pintoracer Somewhere in The Matrix

Yes, Brando is from Shreveport! I hate to admit that too!

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Brando is critical of LSU but it's kind of hard not to be. He has never said anything about firing the staff, or anything like that. I think he is a disgruntled LSU fan who wanted to see the offense click. And the most critical thing i have heard is the lack of involvement of Russell Shepard.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Brando worked in Baton Rouge radio for years. Why wouldn't he be a hater? They all are.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

my sarcasm detector isn't working today, can't tell if you are being serious or not. I think Brando is an LSU fan, didn't his kids go to LSU?

6. T1gerfive

T1gerfive SANTA

SEEMS LIKE OUR GUYS ARE FEEDING OFF THE "NO RESPECT". IF THEY KEEP PLAYING LIKE THAT, DON'T CHANGE THE MEAL PLAN.

7. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

yeah i'm with ya on that.

isn't this ohio state RB minn vikings robert smith?

if so, he has some pretty out there stuff, never really seen him as against LSU or anything before this, maybe he's a little sore from BCSNC 2007.

either way, who cares?

just about my least favorite thing though is talking heads saying bama can play for a nat'l champ with 1 loss just a week ago are now (instead of giving LSU the credit they deserve) saying bama isn't as good as we thought.

bulls****.

there are still 3 more games in the reg season but miles has exceeded all my expectations for this season so far.

lovers gonna love, haters gonna hate, but i said a while back this season was the season miles had to make a play for the rational middle.

not beating saban since 07 was a stigma. one he gobbled up like a blade of grass and paula abdul clapped into submission.

there's no doubt who the better coach was on saturday. as much as AU bested LSU two weeks ago, LSU did the same to bama this past saturday.

dude is 3-3 vs meyer, 2-2 vs saban (widely regarded as the two best coaches in the nation). any other coaches approaching .500 vs those guys with a min of 4 games??

now if we can only figure out nutt?

1 person likes this.
  8. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Ok. I'm your biggest fan and I read everything that you put out there b/c I think it's great and your writing talents are greater than that of people who get paid 6 digits to do it for a living.

That being said, you lost me at Paula Abdul.......

9. brandonwinmill

brandonwinmill Founding Member

Robert Smith was known as a professional football player to be rude, arrogant, and often condescending. That is what reporters said about smith that covered him. He took a year off from ohio state because he wanted to focus on grades? Everyone inside said he was mad at the team so he punished them for a year. He retired as a viking coming off of 2 pro bowls and released his retirement to a newspaper instead of the team. He said he wasn't sure if Denny Green was going to stay in Minnesota and he refused to play under anyone but him. At 28 years old? I'm gonna copy and paste a quote he made after retiring.

"And I'm dealing with the fact that I'm just a person, a grown man, and a single man at that. Being a single guy, I'm out the night before at a bar or a strip club or something like that. You know all the skeletons in your closet, and you feel almost embarrassed to have people admire you so much when you know all those things about yourself.''
    This is why he retired? It was widely reported that the loss to the giants in the nfc championship game was due in part to the giants tapping in to the vikes play calling through a device in the headsets. They supposedly heard every play that minnesota called and thus the 41-0 blowout. Smith did nothing in that game and when he heard rumors of this he quit. He got mad because he was embarrassed and left the vikes hanging.

I'm sorry for being long winded but i wanted to establish some character references and credibility for the individual making the comments. I would much rather it be robert smith from the cure. He has way more credibility in my eyes than this crybaby and quitter who compares himself to barry sanders and jim brown.
    He should shut up more. Arrogant prick. We would wax ohio st. right now just like we did in the national championship. We are having an impressive year, don't let him ruin it because thats what he wants.

1 person likes this.
  10. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Fair enough...I will.