Rock Group Chicago

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by COTiger, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I saw Jethro Tull there years ago. Fantastic place for a concert.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I always have liked the Platters, too. I grew up listening to 1950's rock n roll and country from the 60's and 70's. My dad was not one to like to listen to anything new, so he never gave any other music a chance.

I was at a sleepover near the end of 6th grade and was introduced to Hall and Oates and Toto...and I was done with listening to my dad's music after that.

That's one thing I have always been mindful of with my daughters. I will listen to 80's/90's music, but also current hits. That way, my girls have been exposed to old stuff, but not isolated from what's currently popular. That being said, they listen to Broadway tunes most of the time. We've attended lots of live theatre, something else my dad would never have done.

The same goes with movies. My kids have seen and like classics such as Gone with the Wind, The Wizard of Oz, It's a Wonderful Life, etc., but we watch everything current, too.

CalcoTiger, kcal and GiantDuckFan like this.
  3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Not a stage band....a whole orchestra sitting on chairs on the floor in a semi-circle around the conductor so every instrument had either one or two first chairs who were within a few feet of the audience. Pressure.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You should have tried getting high
    You wouldn't care what the crowd thought and you would have rocked the place out.

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

So a loooong time ago I went to Universal Amphitheater with a friend to see Hall & Oates. We had nosebleed seats but about 15 minutes in to the concert some dude is walking around looking at everyone, comes over to us and says, hey, they are filming a video and we need more girls in front of the stage. Gave us 2 tickets to go on the floor and were told to rush the stage once we saw a green light behind stage left. Good God....the females in that group were hard core sluts and not only wanting to be in the video but hoping to get a wink for a backstage interlude after the concert. They were downright vicious....pushing, shoving, hair-pulling. Some girls got shoved to the floor. One girl behind me stepped on the back of my heel, it came off and she kicked it like 20 feet away. W...T...F!

After about 45 minutes we went back to our other seats. Worst experience ever. But they are good in concert.

StaceyO, shane0911 and GiantDuckFan like this.
  6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Good stuff.

Bengal B likes this.
  7. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Love ELO and Led Zeppelin.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  8. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

A lot of these on my list as well.

I saw Heart at Six Flags Over Texas in Dallas one summer. Some guy jumped up on stage during one of the songs and ran up to the blond sister and put his arms around her. Security came running and was beating the crap out of the guy taking him off. The crowd went crazy.They never stopped playing the whole time.

I also saw Stevie Ray Vaughn and Carlos Santana at the Starplex outdoor ampitheatre in north dallas off 635 on consecutive nights.

I was so drunk after Carlos Santanna I fell down the hill leaving holding my cooler and lawn chair and had cuts all over next day.

But man those were 2 great concerts. Stevie Ray was killed not to long after that.

Frogleg likes this.
  9. CalcoTiger

Also don't see much country on your list GDF. No Hank Jr or George Straight. George Jones, Elvis Commodores, and where by god is Abba listed. Sweet Love by the Commodores is one of my favorite tunes. Used to put them on my stereo and drift into dreamland.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  10. CalcoTiger

My wheelhouse too I love the big bands. Its all part of my cd's. Frank and Dean and Glenn Miller. My grandmother had me listening to these guys up in Michigan at night during the summer as a kid

. My Way Franks version is what I want played at my funeral. I want to bring some solace to the occasion to counteract all the bama fans there cheering im dead.

PS I have most of the Dean Martin comedy roasts on vhs. I keep my VCR just to watch them.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018