Rohan Davey in NFL Europe

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by henchmanUK, Feb 11, 2004.

1. henchmanUK

henchmanUK Freshman

Hi, NFL Europe fan here.
    Rohan Davey has been allocated to the Berlin Thunder by the New England Patriots and I'm just trying to find out a little bit of info about him. Just the usual stuff, pro prospects, strengths and weaknesses etc... I'd be grateful for any info, thanks.

2. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

He's a big guy for a quarterback with surprising mobility. Seems nearly impossible to sack at times. He and Josh Reed broke all sorts of passing/receiving records at LSU his senior season. He's probably the best 3rd string quarterback in the NFL.

3. Ro is the man. His strong points are leadership, enthusiam, arm strength, instinct, he has a lot of 'touch' to his throws and puts the passes in the right place where only the receiver can get to it. The touch on the ball also make the ball very catchable, he generally is not a hard thrower. He will stand in the pocket till the very last half second to allow the receiver to get open and will take a hit to make a play. He is a decent scrambler too. The only two bad things is that he doesnt have as much playing time experience as some of the players over there. (He was in a QB controversey here and didnt see the field much until his senior year). He also on occasion will get flustered mentally and confused, I've only seen that once here(vs. Ole Miss) and once in the NFL preseason. We're pretty glad to see him get a chance in Europe and to build some experience, you've got a good one there.

4. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Amazing arm for throwing the long ball. He not only can launch the ball downfield with unbelievable precision, he can also complete passes with the defenders wrapped around his waist and ankles. He is an untapped talent.

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I guess I'll be watching alot of Berlin games from NFL Europe
    this year!

6. bayou_bengal25

bayou_bengal25 Freshman

When do the NFL Europe games start and will they be televised?

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

8. JETigER

JETigER Founding Member

craig nall was in the same classification as rohan davey here at lsu.

look up craig nall's stats from last year, he played for scotland.

rohan davey's stats will be similar to craig nall's

9. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Rohan = heart

10. Big Earl

Big Earl Founding Member

Rohan is going to be the next NFL Europe guy to get on a good team and take them places A-LA- Jake Delhomme. I think he has all of the tools to be a successful NFL QB. NFL-E is perfect for Rohan to get some PT and show his skills.