Rohan is spending the summer in Baton Rouge?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by j0nathanr0y, Feb 17, 2005.

1. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

I am under the impression that BB and CLM want to get P LO on the field ASAP regardless of who is coming back to play QB Russ, Flynn or whoever! If this 17 year old is better the Flutie Flakes then I can’t wait either. Didn’t ol Dug have the greatest play in college football history? It’s just a matter of time b/4 ol # 11 has a few great plays of his own. He could be so great that LSU might change the name of Tiger Stadium to his, sort of like they did for Pistol Pete.

By the way im on my third beer. :thumb:

2. LSUGOLFER

LSUGOLFER Founding Member

Not going to happen. Saban has seen Spurrier try this and seen it fail.

3. lsutgrboy1

lsutgrboy1 Freshman

It is possible that Jimbo wants Ro to help RP this summer because of what went down between Jimbo and JR at the Cap. One Bowl in December. At that time, Jimbo was pretty sure that he would not be coming back to LSU under a new coach. Some things were said to JR by Jimbo, so maybe Jimbo wants to back up what he said to JR on the practice field in Orlando. Just my thoughts on the situation

4. marcnbc

marcnbc Founding Member

Remember these comments came from RP. To think Rohan is coming to exclusively work with RP is rediculous IMO. You think Reaux is gonna be out there when the qb's & receivers are running 7-7 drills and not give JR & MF the time of day. Ro was one of the main reasons JR came to LSU because of his friendship he developed with him. JMO.

5. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Exactly ... RP is enrolling in the summer and will be on campus for summer workouts. I assume Russell and Flynn will be here working out, or at least they better be here ... they need the work!

All 3 QBs working out with Davey this summer. I don't see it any other way!

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I agree he will probably work with all 3. And since he is most like JR in mobility and physical attributes that he may just actually help him the most.

7. BB

BB Founding Member

Another possibility - Flynn and Russell may be scheduled to go home when this return of Rohan occurs...

Yes, I am excited about RP despite who is coming back! May the best man win. IMO, Russell or Flynn winning the job and RP redshirting is best for LSU, but I don't think Russell has enough upstairs to hold off Perrilloux for two years...

8. wingman

wingman Founding Member

What an endorsement, my favorite part of the article:

Dauterive coached Doug Flutie and Major Harris in the Canadian Football League. At Louisiana Tech he coached Matt Dunigan, who broke Terry Bradshaw's school records and enjoyed a record-setting 14-year CFL career. Perrilloux, Dauterive said, is the best quarterback he's tutored. "Flutie was 28 years old when I coached him," Dauterive said. "He wasn't as good as this kid was at 17 last season." The difference? "Arm strength. Speed. Quickness," Dauterive said. "Flutie was quick, but Flutie was 5-foot-7 and 155 pounds. This kid played at nearly 6-3 and 225 as a senior. He's a man. When he shakes your hand, you know. That's how he grips the football. "There's no pass he can't throw, from as far as you want to throw it, as far as they can run and get it, to short passes with touch, lobbing it over people's heads. Whatever it takes, he's got it. Whatever 'it' is, he's got it."

9. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I don't get why people continue to use Spurrier and Saban as a tool of comparison. They are not the same person or coach. Outside of college success, that is where their connection stops.

One works very hard wherever he goes, the other plays golf whenever he can.
    One worked under a NFL Proven winner, the other never did.

And so forth....

I love the story from the Washington OL coach during Spurrier's time who said that Steve told him to protect the QB's at all costs without any help from a RB or TE....and the coach couldn't really do anything thus Ramsey getting killed. Spurrier refused to ever budge.

10. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Maybe Flynn and Russell aren't planning on being on campus for the entire summer like RP is panning to (although that wouldn't be a wise decision for neither Flynn nor Russell given their situation to ALL be competing for the starting job).

I'm SURE if Rohan is in Baton Rouge this summer, working out with RP, he's also going to be working with Flynn and Russell.

Maybe RP was the one that went to Jimbo asking what avenues will get him the best results and give him the best chance to start/compete.