roll call... worldwide!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by alumni95, Feb 7, 2004.

1. alumni95

alumni95 Founding Member

seeing these posts from another thread got me thinking... can we get a roll call from where Tiger fans on this board are outside of La??

TennesseeTiger is right, it is definitely worldwide!! At least for me, from Dec 99 - Apr 02 I was living in Brazil with a group of about 12 other families from Louisiana. All I can say is thank God for the internet!! It was hard being away from Tiger Stadium, the Box, the PMAC, and college sports on TV, but I was still a deep Tiger fan as were the rest of my buddies. In 2000 DirecTV there actually carried some college basketball games. One on Wed and one on Sat. We actually got to watch Stromile Swift, Jabari Smith and the gang for 3 regular season games live on TV down there, but that was it. After that, everything else was relegated to listening to games on the internet on lsusports.net or hoping for some clips on CNN-SI. I can remember many late nights listening to that 2000 basketball season make the run in the NCAA tourney. I never did get to see Swift's major rejection of Mims of Texas!! But the best (or worse for not being there) were the football games that I missed. I can't believe I wasn't in BR for the 2000, 2001 & 2002 football season. I clearly will always remember the nights staying up to 3am in the morning trying to work through an intermittent internet connection listening to LSU beat Tenn and Miss St in overtime! I remember jumping up and down and screaming when Ro hit Royal to seal the Tenn game. My dog went nuts from all the noise I was making, and of course my wife didn't appreciate it too much at first (until I told her what happened, she's an LSU alum too!) I think one of the best Christmas gifts that I ever received is when I got home for Christmas 2001. My uncle gave me videotapes of all the LSU games that were televised that year. What a great collection!! It''s just heartbreaking to know that I never got to see Ro to Reed live... and I love offense. (I'm sure Russell to Doucet/Hill/Green/Carter/etc. will hopefully make up for that!)

I was back in the states for my wedding/honeymoon in June 2000 so I was able to watch and tape the 2000 College WS win against Stanford. I brought that tape back and we had a huge party with all of my LSU buddies down there to watch it for the first time for them.

Glad to be back in the good ole USA, and to be a season ticket holder again. Brazil was great, and everyone should go there if you ever have a chance... BUT God Bless America!! (and South Louisiana!!)

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

My parents and Kin folks live in Louisiana but I live in Aurora, Colorado which is a suburb of Denver.

3. tyger8

tyger8 Freshman

roll call

A Connecticut tiger in King Nick's court reporting in!

4. LSU

LSU Founding Member

New Jersey, but will probably be in Scotland for next year.

5. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Mobile, AL

6. alumni95

alumni95 Founding Member

geaux scott, how often if ever did you get to see our man J Russell play in Mobile?

7. Ectopic Tiger

Ectopic Tiger Founding Member

Kansas City

8. Erin Krohl

Erin Krohl Founding Member

Living in Raleigh NC. Was on vacation in Belize last week - wow! Anyway, walk into the local gringo bar and the first thing I see is this huge LSU Tiger flag, then I spot the 2003 SEC Chanpionship banner, then the LSu vs. OK Sugar Bowl banner. So I ask whose the LSU fan in San Pedro Belize - I'm introduced to Willie - his first year at LSU was 1958!! We talked to him for about an hour. He told us that for this Sugar Bowl there were 12 LSU fans whoppin it up - they left behind all this LSU stuff. So, I'm watching these folks in Belize drink out of LSU cups and not just for convenience - they too have been infected and bleed P & G!

9. tbass82

tbass82 Founding Member

I'm from Mississippi, not too far, but my dad is payin out-of-state tuition, and thats a bitch.

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Atlanta since 1986, Gentilly Woods New Orleans boy at birth.