Romantic dining to make the girls go awww... what do y'all thinK?

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by rfalco1, Jun 20, 2004.

1. rfalco1

rfalco1 Freshman

Being romantics as well as die-hard Tiger fans, I was wondering what everyone thought was the most 'romantic' dining establishment in the greater New Orleans area and/or Baton Rouge... since this is Good Eats discussions, we might as well hit up the idea of fun, romantic, beyond date-worthy restaurants to make the girls go, "ooooh" and swoon for more!

2. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

If I lived in NO, I would take her to Commanders Palace.

That restaurant wins all kinds of different categories in the Southern Living Magazine.

Coolest Romantic dinner that I can think of........................

Eating on the roof of some tall building. You see it a lot in some movies when the guy want to impress the girl. Kinda cool and looks like fun IMO.

3. rfalco1

rfalco1 Freshman

Commander's... eeeh...

Though the dining is delectible, Commander's Palace is a bit over-done, if you know what I mean. Now you want an EXCELLENT meal if you have the money to burn (but worth every penny), there is a restaurant down right outside the quarter called Restaurant August that left me speechless. The food, presentation, atmosphere, service, all around best in my opinion... anyone else have a personal favorite for an excellent sit-down meal?

Best idea.... cheezy but cool in the eyes of the women.... nice picnic while watching the exuberently colorful Louisiana sunset.... (but be sure to get out before the mosquitos arrive)...

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Is Bacco, in the French Quarter, still there? It had nice lighting and decor, and Italian is always a good romantic choice.

It's also romantic when guys cook dinner at home for a lady.

5. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

So a few bucks worth of spagetti in a dimely lit yet clean dining room puts me good to go. Best news I have heard in a while!! :thumb: :D

6. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Commanders? Good lord, just a little rich huh?

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Bacco is also owned by the Brennan family, so that isn't exactly "cheap" spaghetti.

Romance for me these days is any dinner out alone with my husband. We get about two or three of those a year! Living up here without any family is rough on the dating life, if you know what I mean.

The upside for our daughter is that she's a seasoned restaurant-goer. She made her first trip to one at three weeks of age, and has gone a couple of times a week since!

8. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

Hmmmm ... the back room at the Pastime has always had a nice ambience. Shrimp po-boys for two? "Darling, did I ever tell you how beautiful your eyes are in the light of these neon beer signs?"

Or ... drive through Popeye's with a Barry White CD on the car stereo. It drives women crazy!

9. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

no matter what anyone says...you have the most class of anyone I have evAr met...

10. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Romantic dinner in New Orleans? Easy...Bella Luna, near the French Market.
    They have tables w/ a moonlight view of the river, and the food is excellent.