Ron Franklin

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by shane0911, Jan 4, 2011.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Fired by ESPN, this sucks, he was one of the few that I liked out of the whole lot. I must stop typing now before I say something that will get me into trouble.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Leave it up to the men sweet baby.

3. shane0911

I know right? What a see you next tuesday. Who in the hell does she think she is?

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I mean have we really come to a point where men in the workplace can't even throw a few darlin's and sweet baby's around? Geez, I can't even count all the times I have been hit on by women that I have worked with..... Double standard.

5. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

They both should have been fired or neither. The media cut out a lot of the story, but the chick said something too that made him angry. She wasn't innocent.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Right, it wasn't the 'sweet baby' that got him booted. She reacted poorly to that, and it was his response to that that did it. What a joke, guy's been one of the best in the business for decades, and just like that, he's out. I mean, its not like he dropped an f-bomb on the air.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i can agree to this except to say they both should have been disciplined or nothing. it appears by the story that he also said "f*ck you" to her when she got twisted at the "sweet baby".

i do believe what he did was rude and unprofessional, both with the sweet baby and f you. you do not treat a colleague like that. i dont know what she did, but if she was an ass first then she was likely equally as rude.

bottom line, that was not a fireable offense. was it an offense worthy of discipline? yes, not because of any sexism, but because of rude and unprofessional behavior. firing was way over the line on this one.

as for her, she needs to put on her big girl panties. unprofessional is unprofessional. double standard or overly pc is just as bad as sexual harassment. (which i dont even think was the case here, i think it was just plain rudeness.)

8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

This was strike #2 for Franklin and since it wasn't baseball he was out. It confirms some reports that I read that said he was an arrogant jerk. I didn't think he was that good of an announcer.

9. shane0911

Well you are supposed to get 3, it was bullsh!t and yes he was.

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

You're wrong about him not being that good. Him and Brad Nessler are probably in the top 5. He used to call all of the big games, but was demoted to the 'B' team after making derogatory comments to Holly Rowe.

But, he is an Ole Miss grad, so you're probably right on point with him being an arrogant jerk.