Ronald Dupree

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by J_Oats, Jul 1, 2003.

1. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

Where did Ronald go in the draft, if at all?

2. eric d

eric d Founding Member

He didn't get drafted.

3. texascajun

texascajun Founding Member

I don't think was even drafted. Most think he will make a team in tryouts, camp, or whatever. He was probably underrated by the scouts as he was in the SEC. Didn't he lead the league in scoring and come in second in rebounding one year and wasn't even voted to the SEC first team. Rodney Dangerfield gets more respect than that.

4. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Maybe the fact that he cant dribble a basketball or hit a perimeter shot to save his life are the reasons why he isn't in the NBA! At 6-6 he needs to be able to consistantly hit perimiter jumpshots. He might get his shot one day, but not before he plays in some Euro league or the NBDL and learns how to shoot. The guy has athleticism like crazy, and that worked in college, but at 6-6 he can't just hop over some of these guys.

5. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

you must not have ever seen the NBA then, or you would know that Ben Wallace of the pistons is about the same size of Dupree and he is killing teams in the low post. You don't have to be Jordan just to make a Impact on the team that you wanna play for. I am not saying Dupree is a Wallace Clone cause he isn't.

My point to be that When Ben Wallace first came in the NBA teams were trying to play him at the 2 and the 3 (shooting guard-small forward) and he couldn't shoot for shit or dribble a ball either. but he moved to the 4 and 5 and suddenly he dominates I am saying if its possible for him to do it, Why Can't Dupree either?? Dupree can make a Difference for teams that likes to push the ball like the Mavs, Kings, Grizzles just to name a few. IN offenses like the Nets, Pistons, Spurs he would struggle.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The bottom line for Dupree is that if he is going to make it in the NBA he will have to greatly improve his outside shooting.

7. eric d

eric d Founding Member

I don't know where you got your info, but Ben Wallace is listed at 6'9" and 240. Dupree is listed at 6'7" and 210, so Wallace has quite a bit of size on Dupree. Secondly, Wallace is an amazing defensive player and rebounder because of his massive strength. Furthermore, Ben Wallace came up with the Bullets as a third string post player behind Chris Webber and Gheorge Muresan. The only thing they have in common is that neither was drafted.

8. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Ben Wallace is 6-9 250! Dupree is 6-6 and about 205-210. Biiiiiig difference buddy. Wallace has always been a physical player while Dupree is not that physical. And Wallace was never tried as a 2 or 3 man, he has always been a 4 or 5. Just what the hell were you talking about TigerLifer3?

9. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

There is no way that Wallace is 6-9. Maybe with his afro! Dupree has a decent 10-15 foot jumper. Does anybody remember the Florida game in the SEC tourney where he was on fire? Certainly he can improve but in no way is he as bad as Wallace on offense.

10. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Yeah, they kept saying during the playoffs that Wallace was more like 6'7 but I don't know which measurement is correct. I think Dupree needs to become a defensive stopper who thrives on coming off the bench to make it. There are so many good wing players in the NBA that a player like Ruben Patterson becomes a hot commodity. Dupree can also score without running a play for him which helps. Many players have helped themselves by learning to shoot the set shot NBA 3-pointer. It just takes a lot of repetitions. Dupree definitely isn't ready to create his own shot yet but it's not a necessity to survive in the NBA if you can help your team in other ways.