Ronald Dupree

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by J_Oats, Jul 1, 2003.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

What Dupree can do is hit the midrange shot. He pulls up and shoots from 8-12 feet and makes it. Not many folks do that. And you never here anyone talk about it when they list his strenghts. I guess its cause that shot is such a non-factor in the pros.

2. texascajun

texascajun Founding Member

Is it me or is he Vernel Singleton all over again? What ever happened to him anyway? I loved watching that guy play.

3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I was a big Vernel Singleton fan too but don't know what happened to him, probably played overseas for a few years. There was a game when he had a monster dunk and Vitale said, "Vernel Singleton, the elevator man, the high riser!!!" Back when I could tolerate Vitale a little better.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The reason that shot is a non factor in the NBA is that that is the kind of shot that gets swatted away by a Shaq or a Tim Duncan or a Yao Ming.

5. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

Actually, excluding a few centers and power forwards, everyone in the NBA can hit a 8-12 foot shot consistently, its not exactly a rare skill to be able to hit a short range jumper in the NBA, and that shot rarely ever gets taken, because not a lot of teams are going to just let the other team take open 8-12 footers. A midrange jumper is 16-20 feet in the NBA.

6. eric d

eric d Founding Member

If things go well, we might get to find out how much taller Ben Wallace is because Dupree is on the Pistons summer league team. Collis Temple is also on the team.

7. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Thank you Joe Dumars?

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'm surprised you didn't blame Brady.

9. louisiana tiger

louisiana tiger Freshman

Last time I heard anything about Vernel he was playing in Japan and studing to be an actor. he might have been in A Whopi movie but am not sure..He was truly one of the good guys.

10. eric d

eric d Founding Member

Vernel was in the movie Eddie with Whoopie Goldberg, John Sally, and 75% of the NBA rosters at that time.