Ronald Reagan What He Meant To Me

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by CalcoTiger, Jun 6, 2004.

1. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I wanted to share with you what Ronald Reagan meant to me.

When i heard the news this afternoon i found myself sitting in the chair watching the TV and tears running down my cheeks.

Any of you around when he took office will remember the state of our country. The country's attitude was of lost hope and it seemed that we had lost confidence in ourselves. Patriotism was not believed and people had lost belief in the best of America.

His economic policy is what led this country to a long expansion that presidents long after took credit for.

He inspired confidence and hearing him speak made you feel better about yourself and your country.

I am truly sad and i feel like i have lost part of my family. He is and was a Great American. He served his country and spent most of his life dedicated to trying to make other people's life better.

My prayers are with his family and will always remember him with a warm place in my heart.

We all have hero's that we look up to.

Mine are My Father, John Wayne, Ronald Reagan, and Tom Landry

God Bless you Ronald Reagan and God has called for your help. Thank you for all you have done. Rest In Peace and Godspeed.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

he was responsible for crippling communism....it was an arms, $$ race and the dreaded STAR WARS he took a huge chance on crushed USSR's budget. peace to him, he earned it.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

He single-handedly lobbied Saudi Arabia to produce more oil, thus rendering the Soviet's oil supply vitually worthless, and was the final crippling blow to the Soviet's economy before it finally collapsed.

Long live democracy and freedom. Ronald Reagan embodied these 2 ideals better than any man I have ever known.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

He was a genuine, funny but yet serious and strong leader.
    He was the first president I voted for partly because of my age at the time.

I remember that day like it was yesterday.
    After I voted I met my aunt and uncle at a 50's style ice cream parlor.

The thing that strikes me about Ronald Reagan is that no matter where he came from,
    actor, governor or president he took the time to mingle with the little person.
    He made sure there were no cameras around and visited with less fortunate people than himself even as president.

5. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

And remember when he beat Mondale by winning 49 states. WOW!

6. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Ronald Reagan made it a privilege to be an American again. After
    4 years of a crippling Jimmy Carter administration on top of the debacles of Watergate and Vietnam, The Gipper was the right man at the right time.

:usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The distinguishing thing about Reagan was his optimism. There have been several presidents in my time who have been smart operators or have made great diplomatic achievements or who have top leadership abilities. But none of them had Reagan's knack for being downright positive about the future. And his optimism was very contagious.