Rooting for AU?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUAthletics, Nov 23, 2004.

1. LSUAthletics

LSUAthletics Founding Member

It appears that most people on this board are rooting for AU to make it to the Orange Bowl for obvious reasons. (They are in the SEC.) Has almost everyone put aside all the personal insults directed at LSU fans by some AU fans? Maybe you guys believe that was only a small minority of AU fans that were spreading propaganda or does it even matter? Or maybe you guys think much of what has been said is true?

Is there really a lot of closet LSU fans that really don't want AU to win a national championship? Is it that important for an SEC team to win it? Do you think an AU national championship may elevate their program and make it harder for us to recruit against them?

How do you guys put aside all the personal attacks from AU fans that have been much more wide spread and degrading then from any other team?

2. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

We use reverse psychology... we want them to think that we are pulling for them, but... the whole time we are laughing at their whining. Although it is a tad bit unfair to go undefeated in the SEC and not get a shot at the crystal football, life isn't fair ... I suspect a split National Title anyway.

3. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

As much as I hate to admit it, I'm sincerely pulling for 'em. I can put petty hatreds aside for the sake of the SEC.

4. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

I will admit it....I aint cheering for shat when it comes to Auburn.....I hope the Vols beat the crap out of them.....

5. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

Bah what kind of rivalry is this? Of course I like to brag about how good the SEC is as much as anyone but come on! You think Texas wants OU to win the NC for the good of the Big 12???? THAT'S WHAT A RIVALVRY SHOULD BE!

Nuts to Auburn.

6. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

I want AU and OU in the orange bowl. As much as I hate TT, he still has one of the best teams in the country. As far as USC goes, I have a special teabag for them.

Who wouldn't want to see Peterson go head to head with Brown and Williams.
    I want to see a smash mouth old school championship.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'm not for Auburn. I'm against USC.

8. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

I'll say this, if Auburnt goes undefeated and is the SEC Champs then there should be no way they are left out of the National Title game. That being said I feel the same for OU, the team that should be out is USC yet they have a free pass as long as they don't mess up in their final two games.
    Now, will I pull for Auburnt? Nope. I can't stand them and could care less what they do as a team.......... :po:

9. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I pull for whatever helps LSU the most in my opinion.

I'd also like to see USC lose by alot of points, since the media has all their marbles on them.

I'll pull for Auburn, I don't hate them near as much as :eek:lefire:

they're no different than any other SEC school to me. I hate them all in a SEC competition sort of way. ( not literally hate )

if it were Georgia, I don't know I might have to pull agaisnt them. Depends on who they played.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I alway pull for the SEC. It helps LSU to be in the dominant league. Two straight national champions from the SEC West would be great. Auburn and LSU won back-to-back national championships in 1957 and 1958. I'd like to see it again.

You have to take Auburn fans one at a time. There are a lot of pr!cks, but also a lot of straight-up folks. There's nothing wrong with Auburns sucess, now that we are out of it. Hell, it helps keep Alabama from dominating in-state recruiting like they used to.

Go Barn!