Rooting for AU?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUAthletics, Nov 23, 2004.

1. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Exactly. :thumb:

2. Bama My Heart

Bama My Heart Founding Member

I have to say that I agree. Before the Iron Bowl, I wanted Auburn if they beat us to go on and win it all. I felt like they deserved it, and at the game(I sat with Auburn friends in the Auburn section) they were so nice, and we truly had a good time and enjoyed the game. All the banter that went on was fun and just good natured kidding. After the game, I have never heard such ridicule in my life. They call us stupid, and idiots for being fans of our team. They keep saying that we called it a moral victory. First of all I have never said those words, because to me a loss is a loss, but to say that I was not proud of my team would be a lie. I was proud of those guys each game that they played in this year. I was proud that each time they had to go to the side lines to get taped up even more, and they were anxious to go back in the game. I feel like they gave it all they had, and the reasons they were not winning was not their fault. These players did not put Bama on probation, nor was it their fault that they got hurt, so do they not deserve our support.

Auburn fans make fun of our coach, and I just don't appreciate that. Coach Shula came into a bad situation, and we knew that he had never been a head coach before and would need experience under his belt before he could bring us what we need. Besides, it is non of Auburn's business or that of any other school what coach we have. It's like family, we may talk about him, but will defend him to the end against anyone else.

They make fun of our admiration for Bear Bryant. I'm sorry, but to me it is totally disrespectful to talk about him the way that they have done. The man is dead, and it should be remembered that he was more than a coach. He was someone's father, husband, brother, and grandfather. How would you feel if someone talked about your father like that, and made fun of his death?
    We're living in the past, because we remember him with love and respect. Wouldn't you remember your father in such a way, and remember he was the only father figure some of the players had.

With all of that said, no I don't want Auburn to get to play in the Orange Bowl, because they have not learned how to act like champions. Besides, believe you me they would be pulling for your team or mine to go to the championship game, and they would call you whinners for doing all the talk like they have done, because they might not get to go. They keep talking of having a perfect season and being overlooked. That happened to Bama before, we had perfect seasons and did not become #1, and it has also happened to Penn State. So Auburn is not so special.

3. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

I second that! :thumb:

4. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Yes, yes, yes Bama man. Some green for you. :)

5. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

(sarcastic) I can't ever imagine a TT coached team doing anything that's tasteless or lacks class.

I want to pull for Auburn because I know it benefits LSU and the SEC - but I can't. I try to fool myself into doing it, but it just doesn't work.

7. Bama My Heart

Proud Tiger, I don't know why you have a personal gripe with me, but everytime I post(on other school's boards by the way) you always come back with something negative to say about me and my school. First of all, I did not say that I have ever been treated bad by Auburn fans at a game, because that is not true. I have always enjoyed anytime we have been in the same stadium. It was after the game on the forums that these comments were made. Yes I do go to the Auburn board, and I enjoy it, but you can look at any post that I have made there, and I have NEVER been negative to Auburn. I do not believe in going on someone elses board and bad mouthing them. I was not on your board today, and all I did was respond to what an LSU fan had written. He asked if we'd be for Auburn, and I answered. You come on this board and have been so negative to LSU that I am surprised that you have not been banned. How many people have asked you not to come back? I've only been coming here for a few months, and its almost a daily occurrence when you post that someone does not ask you to go away.

As for not attending the University of Alabama, I did attend here and have a diploma to prove it and would be more than happy to send you a copy. I did my undergraduate work at Troy State and then came to Alabama for graduate work. But I am one of those people that does not believe that you had to attend a school to be a fan of their football program. I have never been to Hershey Penn, but I can eat the hell out of some chocolate.

8. rickyd

rickyd Founding Member

Bama, I hope everyone here will go to the WEN board woodshed and see the crap Proud Tigger pulls from our board an reposts there. He is such a 2 faced D!CK!!!!! :dis: :dis:

9. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

I root for AU and all SEC schools when they play OUT of conference. But, for the next couple of weeks, I will be pulling for:

Tennessee
    UCLA
    Notre Dame
    Iowa State
    Texas A&M

I want to see Utah and Cal tangle in the Orange Bowl!

:geaux:
    Geaux Vols!
    Geaux Bruins!
    Geaux Irish!
    Geaux Cyclones!
    Geaux (and Gig 'em) Aggies!

10. Bama My Heart

I know, why did Proud Tiger think that I cared what he said that I posted on your board. I have never insulted anyone by name calling, but I have had to take a few digs. I go on several boards, because I find it interesting, and I have never slammed another school. I just don't see any sense in doing that. Which also means that I don't mind anyone seeing what I have posted on other boards.The worst thing that I said was that Auburn was whining about not going to the Orange bowl(which is not even decided yet), and how many times have Bama fans been accused of whining? I'm getting a little paranoid, because Proud Tiger is the only one that ever attacks me no matter which board on which I post, but if he enjoys it..so be it.