Round 2 possibility???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by RedElephants, Mar 12, 2006.

1. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

You a lying piece of crap....

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

aTm just MIGHT be the team to cool them off....

3. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

This is the time of the year I don't like college basketball, as weird as THAT may sound. I like watching LSU compete in the regular season but the post season usually leaves a lot to be desired. The match-ups this season aren't too favorable for us either... But, we'll see.

4. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

The cuse is famous for that zone D. They may play it better than anyone in the country. We saw what happened to LSU with that zone against Fla. Then again, who knows, the inside game may win it for LSU.

5. friday

friday Founding Member

you're right syracuse and temple play that 2-3 or matchup zone as well as anyone. however, syracuse's matchup zone has been a shell of its usual self this year. syracuse just doesn't have those rangy wing men to effectively defend in this defense. the problem lies in preparing for this type of defense. when you haven't seen it all year as most teams see man to man and some zone, it can be difficult to penetrate. guys like dmitch and tmitch have to find the openings in this D and get it to the bigs or dish out for 3's. if we face the cuse on sat, it will be a huge challenge for john brady.

another issue here is whether brady works on the matchup zone this week in his preparation. you never want to look ahead, but one day is not sufficient to prepare for what the tigers will see from syracuse. BTW - this all may be moot as SYR is only a 1 pt favorite over A&M.

6. jjbodean1970

jjbodean1970 Founding Member

yeah, but 16 out of the last 17 years too. a question of semantics. not ALWAYS, but thats pretty darn often! :geauxtige

7. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

True dat. No slam (well, not directly) on Brady, but I hate playing Tourney-seasoned coaches in the NCAAs.

Facing Boeheim, Coach K, even Rick Barnes backtobacktoback...that's asking alot, IMO.

Love to see A&M in the second round.

8. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

play the game man. quit crying about the brackets. lol "brady has surprised me so far this season". were you surprised at how we lost by 16 the other day?

9. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I share your enthusiasim! :thumb:

10. LSUGOPHER

LSUGOPHER Freshman

purple > orange

it will be such a great weekend watching the men and women win games