Rove won't be charged

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I think it had something to do with innocence.

2. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

OK, here's your last chocie for Prez I guess:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL0G9zeLX5g&search=kerry%20flip%20flop

I know it's hard for these people to keep straight what they said in the past since they'll say anything in front of different people.

3. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

So that's your proof, eh? :confused: When you don't have any examples, just change the subject? :hihi:

5. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

You asked for proof of a so-called moderate changing what he thinks in front of different people. Kerry was your choice for PREZ I'm assuming. Thought no better example of somebody saying anything than showing you the guy you voted for PREZ doing just that..........flip-floppers who stand for nothing.

Here watch it again cause it's hilarious.....he can't remember what he said the day before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL0G9... flip flop

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No I didn't. I asked for proof of your charge that all moderates "shift with whatever is the popular opinion at the time."

First of all Kerry is not a moderate, he is a liberal. Secondly you said "moderates", shift with whatever is the popular opinion at the time". You haven't established this. First cite some actual moderates and then link their statements with popular opinion over time. Good luck.

And I was not a Kerry supporter. I was a supporter of a moderate candidate, General Wesley Clark, until he was eliminated. My eventual vote for Kerry was because he was the only alternative to four more years of Bush.

7. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Like I said, you voted for Kerry and Kerry is called a moderate by liberal standards. I don't have to cite anything for you. Who are you anyway?

I cited Kerry as a flip-flopping, good-for-nothing moderate. Too bad it proved my point and you don't like it.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

a party would have to stand for something other than "the middle" to succeed, especially considering "the middle" is a very subjective term. and you can only get by for so long claiming you favor vague and seemingly good things like "prudence" before somebody asks what you actually favor.

not that the current parties actually stand on their principles, but they at least pretend they stand for something.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

i do accept that, and i also accept that the "extremes" are so subjective as to make the term moderate almost meaningless when defined this way. you can oppose literally anything, as long as you are willing to define it as extreme. this furthers my point that the moderate doesnt really stand for anything except opposition to being portrayed as anything other than middle of the road type of fellow.

here are some actual principles:

1. small government in almost all cases except defense. trust in the market.

2. freedom from government intervention in all areas that allowing individual freedom does not cause harm to the freedom of others.

3. strong separation of church and state. removal of the involvement of any sort of faith or magic from public policy decisionmaking.

see, my principles do not involve very many subjective terms like "wise" or "prudent" or "moderate". those sort of terms are defined on the fly by the person using them, and are not helpful in determining what someone actually stands for.

10. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I have never heard Kerry referred to as a moderate. hillary Clinton is a moderate. Joch McCain is a moderate. John Kerry is a douchebag.