Rove won't be charged

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Jun 13, 2006.

1. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Hillary Clinton is a moderate? That's laughable. Kerry was a moderate until this last election. According to Roll Call my friend, Hillary is more liberal than Kerry.

Is this Moderate? You need to think again.......wrong choice. Try again........

• The Americans for Democratic Action (ADA), the self-styled premier liberal organization that issues annual congressional voting ratings by tallying the votes cast on its 20 most important issues, has given Mrs. Clinton scores (ADA cleverly calls them "liberal quotients") of 95 percent for each of her first three years. Mr. Kennedy's ADA ratings have been 100 percent (2001 and 2002) and 95 percent (2003).

Having witnessed what has happened to comparably liberal Northeastern politicians who have sought the presidency over the past quarter century, including Massachusetts liberals like Mr. Kennedy (1980), Michael Dukakis (1988) and John Kerry (2004), Mrs. Clinton will surely seek to adopt the "centrist" image over the next few years. To this end, she will undoubtedly be helped by her liberal media friends, who, like Hillary, understand how deadly the liberal moniker is to a politician nationwide.

http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20041120-084025-3316r.htm

2. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Isn't this what I've been saying for 10 pages now? Smart post. REP follows.

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

The whole conversation of who's "liberal" and who's "conservative" when limited to Democrats and Republicans is absolutely hilarious. They're both largely owned by the same interests. It's just that sometimes one of 'em does something innocuous to reflect their personal preferences for one side or another.

But make no mistake about it, actions speak louder than words. And Bush's actions show him as a truly proud Democrat, with a poor understanding of Republican ideals.

That's fine though. Just referring to himself as a Republican is enough to get most of his now-idiot constituency to buy it.

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

If you look at only 20 issues you can paint someone any way you want. If you look at the 20 most important issues to me I'm more conservative than nine out ten, but on a broader spectrum I'll end up on the center. The same is true of Hillary.

Natrional Journal's study on roll call votes pegged her a 30 with 1 being most liberal and 100 being most conservative. They found Kerry to be the Senate's most liberal member of the past year, and 11th most liberal of the past 6.

5. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

I agree with this. He's an old-school Democrat. What he is doesn't truly fit with the new Democratic party though.

It was him or Kerry........I chose Bush.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Sorry, you can't rewrite history. :dis:

I knew you couldn't do it. :grin:

It missed the point by a mile and you don't even realize it! :lol:

7. red55

Then ask me and I'll prove you are wrong.

You make a lot of assumptions that you can't demonstrate.

8. red55

Your inability to understand the widely known and throughly defined concept of a moderate position is not my problem. Look it up and get an education.

Oh, it tells quite a bit to very many of us. Moderates have no trouble comprehending subjective ideas and using them to advantage. Extremists live in a black and white world limited to the objective. They have difficulty with intellectual concepts like prudence and wisdom, to their great detriment.

9. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Hilarious! I find it absolutely hilarious that a liberals can't just call themselves liberals. bahahahahahaha. Keep talking, please.

10. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Hey, you're the goofball that voted for him. Don't run from it.....stand up for it and talk about how proud you are of the video I showed you.