RP looking to transfer

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tiger777, May 23, 2006.

1. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

wafb reported that Ryan is looking at a possibally transfering. sure hope this isn't true.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Whoever comes in third place in the fall will likely transfer after the season. All 3 QB's are capable of starting in Division I and transfers regularly happen with talent logjams.

Barrington Edwards could be starting at RB for LSU instead of North Carolina, but he was #4 at LSU and he found some greener pastures. Smart move. Same thing with Rick Clausen. He was number 3 or 4 at LSU and thought he could start at Tennessee. Smart move. Wide receiver Amp Hill transferred after looking at the lineup in front of him after his injury. But all of these players gave it a shot and played at least one season.

But . . . there is little local rumor of quarterbacks transferring right now except for website and sports DJ speculation. No way is Perrilloux going to transfer before he ever gets a snap at LSU. He will only be a Freshman this year and wants an opportunity to take the job from Russell. He still wants to play near his family. Rumor has his brother contacting Grambling. I just don't see him getting what he wants from the likes of Grambling.

Neither Flynn nor Perrilloux separated himself in the spring. But there will be a wide open competition in August.

3. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

seriously i hate to say it like this but if JR can't go and MF and RP are really close in practice I say you give RP the first shot as he is younger and we really need him to stay.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I sure hope this turns out to be false, or the coaches convince him to stay. We're all eagerly waiting to see him in the purple & gold behind center.

5. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

well like red said and others are saying now his brother just contacted grambling. not like rp put his papers in or has said anything.

RP is one of the most important people to our overall program due to the gap between him and JR/MF and not having anybody behind him.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Which may be why RP is letting this rumor circulate . . . to influence the coach. Of course, any coach who goes with anybody but the best player is asking for trouble. Les is a lot older and wiser than Perrilloux.

Perrilloux's best bet is to simply become the best player. And he can't do that until he plays in a game! He would be a fool to leave before getting his shot and I don't think he is a fool. It would mean sitting out a second season and then being in a QB competition again at any decent school and still having to unseat an incumbent.

7. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

oh I agree but if they are close I ffel RP has more potential then MF and overall is very very important to the long term success of our program.

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Possibly what happened with JR & Flynn. They were pretty even, but JR had more potential...

9. edyel

edyel edyel

What RP did in high school has nothing to do with D-1 football. He has never taken a snap in a D-1 game and cannot be evaluated thus far. If he decides to go to another college this LSU football team with JR and MF will do just fine. I have seen what JR and MF can do in games,I have not seen what RP can do at this level. Talk is cheap.:geauxtige

10. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

When Clausen transferred to Tenn., I don't remember him sitting out a year. Seems like he played the next season, and beat us. Did I miss a year, or under what conditions can you sometimes play the next season, even in D 1-A.