RP looking to transfer

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tiger777, May 23, 2006.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I believe you go after a few good ones every recruiting season, no matter who you have on your roster and who is in the next class. You always need good players on your roster at every position. Just don't sign a guy that will be expected to ride the pine for 4 or 5 years in order to sign one.

2. pheroy

pheroy Founding Member

We signed no QB last year. No way in hell do you skip 2 years at QB. It's very easy to imagine a scenario where we have just 2 scholarhip QBs going into spring 2007 (JR has a great year and goes pro, or RP/MF transfers), and that just can't be chanced as the situation going into fall 2007. You need at least one good QB who projects as a starter in the pipeline learning the system every couple of years, and another backup guy in the same timeframe.

An average of signing 1 QB per year should be the goal, because chances are at least 1 won't work out for one reason or another.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

We need atleast one QB this year, quite possibly 2. We won't necessarily have flynn/RP as a backup in 07. JaMarcus could go pro, and one of them could transfer. If that scenario happened, we would have one scholarship QB.

4. amedee83

amedee83 Founding Member

His brother

wants to transfer, Perrilleaux is happy at LSU!

5. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

Re: His brother

we need 2 this year or atleast 1 and then 2 next year.

6. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Re: His brother

I look for the starter, whether it be Flynn or Russell to leave after this season. Quite possibly, if Perriloux beats one of the two to the number 2 position, it could be sooner. The reps Perriloux got with Russell hurt it could be sooner rather than later. Just 2 scenarios I see...

7. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

well of course u go after all the five stars and some four stars but how many QBs do u seriously pursue? how low of a talent level do u offer a scholarship to? three star QB? i mean of course we offer the 5 star guy a scholarship but my question is how "desperate" are we for another backup

8. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

To me, it seems, that this is a family ordeal OUTSIDE of PR's immediate family, ie "the uncle." Everyone has SOMEONE in their family that is greedy and sees nothing but $$$ in their eyes. These types of people may buy players like RP new cars with rims and the works, Playstation 3s, all the jerseys and Air Jordans that a kid could ever want. Then said Uncle (after spending, or "investing," thousands of dollars) could start to pressure a guy like RP into confiding in him and listening to him about personal matters. But this "uncle" could be talking to other programs behind the scenes trying to secure a "deal" for a player like RP to transfer to another school.

I wouldn't put it past programs like Grambling trying to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions, (illegally) to get a player like RP to transfer there. Of course that is stupid! And RP would know better than that. What would he acomplish in that type of program? I've seen lots of 1-AA games and there is a degree of "sleaziness" with the players that shows that they would love NOTHING more than to physically hurt a guy like RP. Where would that leave him? Hurt, disabled and with a Grambling degree... Ryan is smarter than that, no? Of course he is! He wouldn't pass chances to play at UT or LSU to end up playing at some second-rate 1-AA school. And, if he transferred to say, Ole Miss, he'd have to sit-out anyway. So why not stay at LSU and use your inevitable PT this season to PROVE that you belong on the field.

Some people just like to stir sh!t. Ryan isn't going anywhere. He's smarter than that. Trust me.

9. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

right on! we can only hope he is that smart