RP Talks About LSU Visit

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BB, Jan 31, 2005.

1. hpmcdaniel

hpmcdaniel Founding Member

Sorry BB,

it is still plagiarism, even if it is a copied paragraph and no link. To be on the safe side always paste the link. Then they can get you for it. :grin: :thumb: Thanks for the info...:geauxtigs

Heather

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Dude, you have over 1400 posts here and you don't already know this?

3. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

Most posters probably have no idea that is a rule, some of us got a harsh lesson from Furcal last year around draft time about this.

4. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

What hotel do the recruits stay it? RP was saying he didn't think the hotel was as nice as others??? I'm sure some might flame this, but are we putting are recruits up in a Ramada????

Whenever I am in BR(which isn't much unfortunately), I stay at the Richmond Suites off of Corporate...Easily the best hotel in town...Why they don't stay there I don't know.

5. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

Actually, to get to Starkville you drive out into the middle of nowhere, take a left and go about another 20 miles. :wink:

6. BB

BB Founding Member

I know the rule. Here is my question: why is it ok to paste one paragraph of a copyrighted work and a link, but not ok to paste the entire article with a link?

Can you get back to me on that, pal...

7. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

Don't tell me they put the kids up in The Ten Flags Inn Motel on Airline Hwy where you pay by the hour. :hihi:

8. MLUTiger

Maybe so, but I have seen the TOS posted in response to this very thing on this site more than any other that I visit and I don't visit this site that often. I find it hard to believe that someone who has 1400 posts here has yet to see it or know this unless it's by choice.

9. BB

BB Founding Member

Once again, I know the rule. Here is my question: why is it ok to paste one paragraph of a copyrighted work and a link, but not ok to paste the entire article with a link?

Can you get back to me on that, pal...

10. MLUTiger

Pasting one paragraph requires you to visit the site that hosts the article, which is the very reason they even write the article: traffic. Traffic leads to money for that site. Posting the entire article on another site takes money away from the site that hosts it.

Posting without a link assumes that you wrote it. To do so under such false pretenses is plagerism.

Just a wild guess on my part, BTW.

Above all, it's the TOS that you agreed to when you signed up. Any further conversations on the topic are moot for that very reason.