RP Talks About LSU Visit

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BB, Jan 31, 2005.

1. TD TIGER

TD TIGER Founding Member

To answer a question that was posted earlier on this thread, my guess is that the recruits stay at the hotel on campus. Several years ago, the alumni center completed a hotel next to Lod Cook. It's pretty nice, not a W or anything, but it's nicer than most hotels. Anyway, if that's the biggest negative of RP's visit, that's a good thing.

2. lctiger

lctiger Founding Member

I've stayed at Lod Cook. It is really nice. The team stays there on Fridays before games. Also Shaq donated big Bucks and has his stuff in the lobby, which I would think recruits would like.

3. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Hundreds of threads on the alley start with a link and then the whole article copied under the link(or the link after the article)..........

I do it all the time along with many others....

No big deal

They have never been deleted.

I think rivals.com and scout.com might get a little upset because it's "pay" info........

4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

You're all class, dude... :thumb:

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The owner of this forum has posted repeatedly that we should not post entire stories but provide a link and a teaser instead. He is the one that is going be gheld liable for if anything ever happens, just in last 2 weeks we had a very long thread about this stuff with Brett's request to please not post entire articles. Why the need to keep slapping him in the face?

Maybe the Alley gets ways with much more because most of the Moderators don't go there much, I never do.

6. BB

BB Founding Member

I am not slapping Brett in the face. If that is the way Brett wants us to do things, I'll oblige. However, for the 35th time, can anyone answer one freaking question for me?

The rules for this forum state:

Providing a link and a "teaser" is a violation of the rule and a violation of copyright laws unless the member posting the material has consent from the owner. Therefore, if you want to post a link and a "teaser," you need to have expressed consent from the owner of the written work. Written works are not partially copyrighted. Does this make any damn sense to anyone? It's impossible to be a little bit pregnant.

7. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I understand you're point, and you're probably technically right. I suspect it's more acceptable to just post a paragraph, as there's less risk of the writer being upset about copying that little bit. And may be happy that it's helping generate interest which will generate traffic. Just a hunch.

8. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

From the United States Copyright Office.

http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-fairuse.html#howmuch

9. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

In the copyright bylaws of internet publications there is a paragraph that states that it is copyright infringement to copy the entire text of a publication to another source without permission, but it is permissable to copy a small portion (couple of paragraphs) and then provide a hyperlink to the original source. It's there if you want to go look it up. Instead of doing that though, you've just successfully made yourself look like an idiot.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Using a short excerpt from a copyrighted piece is considered "fair use" by the law, as long as the source is cited. Copy/pasting an entire copyrighted piece is theft.

A Brief Intro to Copyright

10 Big Myths about Copyright Explained