RP to Texas rumors have been confirmed

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigerskin, Jul 23, 2004.

1. max

max Founding Member

I don't know why he would go to Texas when they have a sophomore starter at quarterback in Vince Young, but if he doesn't decide to go to LSU I wish him the best. We will be fine without him. Look at all the great high school junior quarterback prospects who have not quite lived up to billing. Brodie Croyle is a good quarterback but he is not quite the player he was billed to be. We will always have talented quarterbacks starting at LSU (after 2004) as long as Saban is here. Who is to say that this high school junior will live up to the billing? Even if he does, we will have a good quarterback otherwise so not to worry.

2. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

At least by deciding earlier we can concentrate our efforts to other QB's.

3. tigerfanintampa

tigerfanintampa Founding Member

Don't believe a word Larry Dauterive says. Wait until you hear it directly from Ryan Perrilloux.

4. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

I didn't know Dauterive was his coach. That guy is a punk

5. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

I remember when he coached at OHS. When I was a junior or senior, can't remember he had some great teams there. Although I didn't go to that high school I knew some of the players. I remember when John Curtis came to town and got their asses handed to them in the playoffs. What I remember most was Dautrieve did not hide the fact that he did not want anything to do with LSU. DiNardo gave up recruiting these players even though some of theme were great. Bennie Guilbeau played for Dautrieve and ended up going to ND to play safety. He played against LSU in the I-Bowl. He is a great coach, no doubt, but is a prick when it comes to LSU.

If I had known that he was Perrilloux's coach before I would almost guarentee that this kid is not coming to LSU. Doesn't matter because we have 2 great quarterbacks and I am sure that there are some phenom's that are juniors this year.

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Mack Brown to a recruit:

Mack: "Texas is a good place to play football"

Recruit: "Why is that coach ?"

Mack: "We are very often ranked in the top five nationally, preseason"

Recruit: "Yeah well Texas never lives up to its expectations"

Mack: "Tell me about it, but the beauty is that the media doesn't hold that against us. You know underachieving is a very special quality to have son. "

Recuit: "Sorry coach but I don't want to be 'special' "