RP's first huddle quote of first practice...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Apextiger, Apr 12, 2005.

1. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

If he come into his first practice with an attitude, do you really think his O-line ISN'T going to step aside and whiff the first few times he takes a snap? And the D-line is going to be all "gee, sorry coach...didn't see the red shirt".

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

So what if they do? Who cares? That's the nature of the game. I just don't see a lot of reason for all the chest thumping based on ONE THING some 18 year old said. It's like a Pavlovian response. Hear the words "Perriloux" and "starter" and respond with "oh yea, well he's got a lot to learn."

Maybe it makes people feel better to see themselves as the older tough guys, but how many times do we have to hear it??

3. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Well, then conversely, perhaps people should just stop triggering said Pavlovian response, and just wait until he takes his first snap in practice before automatically annointing him the starter. It's not like that's up to any of us whose name isn't Les Miles or Jimbo Fisher, anyway.

4. NoLimitMD

Hahahaha, fair enough. :thumb:I know you've said you think some people are annointing him as the starter, but I can't for the life of me figure out who's saying this? There's a difference between saying he should be the starter and just being excited that he chose LSU.

If you're thinking I'm one of these guys pumping him to be the starter, let me be clear. Any references about RP as the starter this year are stated with tongue VERY firmly in cheek. I support Russell completely (and would support Flynn or RP for that matter, if he shows he's the better QB.)

5. Carface

Carface What the...?

And to think, when I read this post this morning I wrote it off as one that would disappear quickly... never knew I'd get a NLMD diatribe. :yelwink2:

6. NoLimitMD

:rofl: It doesn't take much these days. I'm so ready for football season that the slightest mention of it gets me going...guess I'm also prone to the aforementioned Pavlovian response!! :hihi:

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I think most people here lost their joking abilities somewhere between the loss at Auburn and Saban leaving....

8. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

9. Apextiger

Apextiger Founding Member

When did everyone loose thier sense of humor? For crying out loud...it was just for fun. I hope the kid does awesome , doing so with respect, class, and humility. I support our team and all our QB whoever that maybe and no matter how they perform. I was simply trying to be funny. The guys on Tigerdroppings thought it was pretty funny. I was amused myself. So, I thougth I was sharing a good laugh with others. I guess not. Many here thought this was out of place, come on...this is a fan board. Have fun....

The kid is confident, but I bet he backs it up! :hihi:

10. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member