Rubio on Gun Control

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Perple, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Perple

Perple Founding Member

How many will use the "He was young needed and needed the money", Hooker with the heart of gold, analogy?

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

You're against prohibiting guns at playgrounds? Even if you are, is that such an egregious issue to you?

3. Perple

Perple Founding Member

No, not children's playgrounds. Dade County City Parks. Even registered & legal guns banned.

Rubio is weak on gun control, yet now claims to be strong on the 2nd Amendment. It's all over the internet.

It's a big deal to every NRA member & people who believe the 2nd Amendment is non-negotiable.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  4. mobius481

I don't see banning handguns from a city park as a big issue. I would prefer it. My sister in law and her husband carry guns around everywhere. My 2 year old has a birthday party and he can't wrestle with his uncle because he's packing. It's all very weird. Why do you need a gun in my home?

5. Perple

Perple Founding Member

You're a liberal, of course you want sunshine, rainbows & shiny happy people in the parks. That however is not the case. Check the crime rates for New Orleans City Park or any other major park in America. Criminals don't necessarily care about your child's well being, as you do.

Your home is your business. You can ask the Uncle to leave his gun in his car (assuming it's a very safe neighborhood) or simply ask him to put the gun in a secure place in your home, while visiting.

6. mobius481

yep, anytime anyone suggests maybe we shouldn't be armed like we're a SWAT team, that person is a liberal. You're nothing if not predictable.

LSUMASTERMIND and Tiger in NC like this.
  7. Perple

Perple Founding Member

I offered 2 viable, simple solutions to your lack of comfort with a person you know, exercising his 2nd Amendment right. What you took from that is that I said you were liberal?

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Everyone should be able to pack rocket launchers and javelins too.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Just fyi and you may already know this. People with conceal carry permits are supposed to ask before entering someone's home carrying.

10. mobius481

I actually agree with you on the parks. I wasn't thinking of places like City Park. The parks around me are playgrounds so I agree there shouldn't be an issue there although I still think playgrounds should be gun free.
    Had I started this comment with, "you're a stupid mfer" I doubt you would have gotten to the substance of the post with an open mind. Just something to keep in mind when you're making a point.

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.