Rules question

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Fishhead, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

In the KY game, there was an interference call against LSU...but the ball was tipped at the line...and that should've negated the penalty. The TV announcers said that wasn't reviewable by rule. Isn't that the same thing that was reviewed...AND REVERSED...last year against AU?

2. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

They corrected themselves. The play was reviewed and reversed.

3. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

I could be wrong Fish but I think Danielson confidently said it was not reviewable but then (less confidently) corrected himself. Hope I'm recalling that correctly.

4. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Interference is not reviewable. Meaning that you can't go back and look to see if DB made contact before the ball got there. However, whether or not a ball was tipped is reviewable. They did review it, and coreected the call.

1 person likes this.
  5. GEAUXARMY

GEAUXARMY Founding Member

Yes, it was reviewed and reversed in Aubarns' house. And it wasn't reviewed at UK's house. I'm sure its up to the refs to decide if they want to pursue the issue. I'm not saying that refs are cheaters but that maybe they let things slide a little for the home team, remember we didnt get called for the late hit on Captian Wonderman:shock: during the USC game.

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

No it wasn't. It was reversed on the field without an actual replay reversal.

Yes it was, and was correctly reversed.

7. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

This is what I remember, also.

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I don't know why...but I'm gonna take Nootch's word for it. :wink: If it was reversed, it must have happened while I was banging my head on the floor...and it took a while to get my head back on straight, so I didn't notice.:thumb:

For some reason, I seriously doubt there is ANYTHING about the '06 AU game that Nootch doesn't know by heart.

9. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

It was definitely reversed because I was at the game with my dad and we were wondering what was being challenged, since you can't challenge an interference. But the ref came back and said that the ball was tipped at the line therfore there was no penalty.

10. Crystal_lsu

Crystal_lsu Founding Member

Good choice because he is accurate on that. :thumb: