Rumor about BIG changes in Football ticket prices.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by The Big Bengal, Jul 12, 2003.

1. The Big Bengal

The Big Bengal Founding Member

It is rumored that there will soon be an announcement regarding LSU Football game prices and it's going to be somethin BIG.

The rumor is that the prices are going to more than double. I don't know when this is going to go into effect, but it's supposed to be announced within a couple of weeks.

This is how LSU is going to pay for the improvements to the facilities. It's a shame because if the legislature would have gone along with the 12% rule's removal, this could have all went through TAF and it would have been tax deductable.

We'll find out the specifics soon, I guess.

2. SiberianTiger

SiberianTiger Founding Member

Wow, that would be big news. More than double would be significant enough that it could impact attendance, especially for the "non-big" games.

3. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Their going to Double?? Are you sure about that? That would be outrageous... I just couldn't see them doing that

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

72 bucks a pop seems way steep. Maybe they would go up to 40.

5. Can we ask where you heard this rumor? That would be a bold move that WOULD most likely impact attendance. I hope it isnt that steep.

6. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

I think the price double would be extreme -- they're probably just going to add whatever the extra fee would have been if the rule had been removed to the current prices...

7. Bengaleze

Bengaleze Founding Member

What is this I'm reading?

Doubling the ticket price is not too steep, not for those who love LSU football, and isn't better than having to Pay for the right to buy a ticket ala TAF, he says tongue in cheek.

.I SERIOUSLY DOUBT IF THIS INFO IS ACCURATE, but if you don't go the TAF route, something of this nature will have to happen.

8. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Well, even if you love LSU football...if you can't afford to shell out money to see games, you won't see them at all...

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I wouldn't mind if they went up to $50 for SEC games and big games if they lowered tickets to $25 for the ULMs and other creampuff games.

10. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Let's See, My tickets in both scenarios:

36 x 2 = 72 x 5 = 360 x 7 = $2,520

or

36 x 5 = 180 x 7 = $1,260 + (5 x 500 = 2,500) = $3,760

Makes perfect since to me. LSU ticket price increase v TAF bullshit saves me $1,240.