Rumor about BIG changes in Football ticket prices.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by The Big Bengal, Jul 12, 2003.

1. The Big Bengal

The Big Bengal Founding Member

But the TAF donation would be tax deductable, Hub.

The rumor is coming from some guys that normally know their stuff posting on another board (you probably can figure out what board).

I don't know any of the specifics, but it's going to rattle some cages.

Maybe they'll only raise the prime seating prices (like between the 30's). Those seats are certainly worth it. Check out what some other SEC schools charge for those kinds of seats.

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I wouldnt object to the prime seats being $70. No way should the upper deck or endzone cost that much. A graduated ticket scale should be put in order.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

If they would just add 10 bucks to the price of every ticket (Which is reasonable) that would add 1,000,000 bucks per game to the project.

Let me ask, Rival fans lurking here, how much is a ticket to your games. Just your spare endzone seat.

I wonder how we compare to the rest of the league in ticket prices.

4. Auburn Tiger

Auburn Tiger Founding Member

$33 @ Auburn for endzone tickets

5. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Can anyone explain to me why ticket prices in Tiger Stadium do not, at least to a large extent, reflect seating location? In most stadiums, the prime seats are the most expensive, and the price falls as the seats become worse. In other words, seats in the lowest sections close to the field/court are the most expensive, with the seats in the corner of the upper deck the least. Other than a fairly nominal surcharge on tickets in the gold-backed section, Tiger Stadium tickets do not reflect this phenomenon.

Many talk about "fairness" to those ticket-holders who have been "loyal" to LSU throughout the years in making arguments against TAF taking control of the stadium. But, is the current situation "fair" to everyone else?